Chapter 2

Key went back to sleep and Felix just stared at the stars. He started to think to himself, what would happen to him and Key when they started working together? What if they became more than friends? What if one of them gets hurt? What if Sato comes for Key? Then he realizes that he wasn't going to let anything bad happen to them or Key. He eventually closed his eyes and stopped thinking about the bad and started thinking about the good. What if he and Key became more than friends and they got to see each other every day? To see her smile every day. To feel her warmth when they hugged. He eventually stopped thinking about all of this stuff and just enjoyed the outside world. Some hours passed by. It was one hour before sunrise. No one was quite up yet. Except for Felix of course. He had to wake up Key and get her out of the castle.

"Key wake up you have to get ready for the day." He tried again but this time he moved to the branch she was on. He sat arm's length away from her, just in case. He shook her a little bit and said, "Key wake up." Her eyes opened wide, and she bolted up and leaned forward all the way to her knees. She almost hit Felix. She drawled her legs to her face. She started breathing heavily.

Felix said in concern "Key what's wrong." She looked up from her knees, to look at Felix. She had tears running down her face. She was trying to calm herself down with light breathing.

"Nothing I'm fine. We should get going." She stands up and grabs her stuff and wipes her face. Felix stands up and grabs her hand.

"You're not going to tell me what's wrong?"

"It was just a bad dream that's all. Let's get out of here before we get spotted."

Felix leaps from the tree and onto the wall. Key does the same.

"Can you leap into the tree, or do you need the rope?"

"I'll take the rope."

He throws it over the wall and helps Key get down. Then she slides down the rope and let's go at the end. He then picks up the rope and throws it into the castle. He then jumps onto a tree and then onto the ground. The sun was starting to rise.

"Come over here." He grabs her hand, and they run through the trees. 5 minutes later they were at the tree where she was supposed to be in the first place.

"Ok, we're here."

"What now?" she asked.

"You can wander around the forest, if you want but don't go far."

"I was thinking I would go and get my horse to look a little responsible."

"Like you're going into town?"

"Yeah."

"I won't be able to come with you."

"I know, I got this."

"Ok just be careful. At 9 I will come looking for you and tell you where to meet."

"Ok sounds good, well see you later Felix."

"Bye, oh, and be safe Key."

"Yep."

He then turns away and leaves. He headed back into the castle and went to his favorite tree and waited for Chris to go into his office.

Key headed for the town, but she stayed in the forest. So, she won't get spotted on the roadway. It was about 6 in the morning. She started thinking about how much she missed her horses. His name is Max. He's a beautiful tan horse with a black tail and main. Max is like her prize possession.

She found him all alone when he was just a year old. Key had saved him from a snake. Max is terrified of snakes for whatever reason. When Key found him, she was five, and she was a smart little girl. At first, Max was scared of her, but he warmed up to her. She had asked him if he wanted to be friends. He just knighted "I'll take that as a yes. I think I will call you Max." He just knighted and jumped up in excitement they have been through thick and thin.