Chapter 10

As the night turned into day, she didn't have any visions or dreams. She slept like a baby. She wakes up before the sun rises at 5:30. She gets ready for the day and when she heads out the door she grabs her things. She goes over to Alex and Felix room. She knocks on the door and Felix answers the door again.

"Your brother is still sleeping."

"Still? I'll wake him up." When she walked over to his bed, she stopped at the foot of his bed. "Wait." She whispers. "Let him sleep for a little bit maybe we could leave him here."

"What no!" Alex yelled.

"Well, good morning Alex."

"You tricked me didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Come on get dressed." He gets up out of bed. "Felix come here. Let's give Alex some privacy." She grabs his arm and pulls him into the bathroom.

"What are you doing?"

"Saying good morning." They wrap their arms around each other and get closer. "Good morning Felix." She said getting closer to his lips and smiling.

"Good morning." He said leaning into her and kisses Key on the lips. They held for a couple of seconds. When there down Felix asks, "Are you ready for today?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"So, did you want to tell me something last night?"

"You remember that?"

"Yes."

"Well, I have to tell you and Alex." They walk over to the bathroom door. "Alex you dressed?"

"Yes."

"Ok, we're coming out." They come out of the bathroom and walk over to Alex.

"What were you guys doing in there?"

"We were talking about today. But anyway, I have something to tell you too and the others. But I'm going to tell you to know."

"Ok, what is it?" asks Felix.

"So, last night after I put you to sleep." She looks at Alex. "I did my usual patrolling route, and when I went outside Ridge came out with me. We talked a little bit. One of the topics was the message you guys found. He asked if our parents taught us any songs or stories." She looked at Alex, he got it right away.

"You mean the story the boy taught us?"

"Yes, the last line is 'They sat there listening to the crackling of the fire and the sound of the rain hitting the roof of the house.'"

"Yeah, so?"

"So doesn't that sound like the message?"

"'When the rain starts it gets quiet listen to the sound of the drops and crackles.'" Said Obi.

"Exactly. Think about it, when it starts to rain in the story they sit around a fire and listen to the rain and the fire."

"Ah, you're right. But what does it mean?" Alex said.

"I got no clue."

"Maybe there trying to tell you something." Said Felix.

"That's what Ridge said." Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "Oh, right." She said.

They grab their things and head for the door. Key is standing behind Felix and Alex. Felix opens the door.

It's Sky, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Sky." Felix says.

"Do you guys know where Key is?" Sky asks. Felix and Alex step aside.