Chapter 11

Key was the first one to wake up like always. She got up and rolled up her sleeping bag and got ready for the day. Felix then wakes up and sees that Key isn't lying down. Key comes up from behind him and covers his eyes with her hands.

"Guess who?" Key says in a whisper.

"Um, I don't know I give up." He grabs her hands and looks up at her. "Good morning." He gets up.

"Good morning." They move away from the others. They wrap their arms around each other. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good. You?"

"No trouble at all."

"Are you excited for today?"

"Somewhat, I'm excited to meet them but scared at the same time."

"Well, whatever happens, we will go through it together."

They hug each other and then kiss. "Can you vouch for me? I want to go look around and see if I can find some food or water."

"Sure. Be careful thought."

"Really you aren't going to stop me or try to go with me."

"Nope, you can take care of yourself, I trust you."

"Thank Felix." They kiss again. "Love you."

"Love you too." She jumps on Max and rides off.

She heads into the forest, looking for some water and small animals. She rides half a mile into the forest when she finds a small stream. The water is as clear and shimming as it can get.

"Well, look at that Max, that wasn't so hard. Get a drink while I fill these up."

She gets off Max and fills the canteens that she got off the other horses. Max gets a drink from the stream and then watches Key as she gets the water.

"What?" she says to Max. "Nothing interesting is happening here, go look around or something. Go see if you can find a borrow."

Max rolls his eyes and then walks away. Leaving Key there with the canteens, and her bow. She fills up 7 canteens and has one more to go. When she gets onto the last one, she stands up and looks around for Max.

"Max, come here boy!" She yells.

She goes back to filling up the last canteen. When suddenly a stick breaks behind her. She stays still and slowly closes the canteen. She hears footsteps getting closer to her. Suddenly she gets pushed into the water. It was Max, he pushed her with his nose under Key's butt and flipped her into the water. The water was deep enough and soft enough, so she didn't get hurt. She landed on her butt, and she turned toward Max.

"Max!" He starts to nigh like he's laughing, and then Key starts to laugh. "Help, me up."

Max leans down to help her, she stands up and pushes Max into the water. When he's in, she jumps back in, and they start to splash around. They laugh and get all wet. When they got tired and after a few minutes they got out soaked.

"How any I going to explain this? I haven't even gotten food yet, oh well. Let's head back and get warm."

Key puts the canteens on Max, and then gets on, and they ride back to the campsite.

While they were having their fun, everyone else had woken up and got ready for the day. Felix explained to everyone that Key went to go get breakfast and some water.

"Is Key a hunter?" Collin asked.

"Yes." Alex says. "She is pretty good at it too. When we were on the run, she got us food."