Chapter 12

"I suddenly just got nauseous." Alex said.

"Me too. Look there someone sitting on the porch."

There's a tall skinny man in his late 20s and early 30s it looks like it at least. As they got closer to the man he stood up and walked to the steps of the porch. When they got to the front of the house, they got off their horses.

"Hello everyone, if you would like you can put your horses in the barn over there." said the man.

"Thank you." Chris said.

They go over to the barn and put's there horses away. When Key and Alex put Max away in his stall, they wait for Felix. When everyone was done, they walked out of the barn with Key, Alex, and Collin in front.

They met the man at the porch. "Hi Collin, it's nice to see you again. Thank you for bringing my siblings to me."

"My pleasure. I've got to say they are very talented."

"Are they now?"

"Yes. Well, I'll take my leave. Good night all it was nice meeting you."

"Good night, Collin. Thank you." Key said. Collin nods his head and then gets on his horse and rides off.

"Hello, Key and Alex. It's nice to finally see you again. I promise I will explain everything in the morning. You all must be tired. Let me show you to your rooms. Oh, and please be quiet mom and Dad are sleeping." They all walk into the house and the guy tells them, "This is the girl's room, and this is the boy's room, and then this is my room if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask." Everyone goes into their rooms except Key and Alex.

Key whispers to Alex, "I'm going to sleep in the barn if you want to come."

"OK." They go into their rooms.

Key tells Cherry and Kiki that she is sleeping in the barn. They just say ok. Alex does the same and they meet outside. they go into the barn and go to Max's stall and have a seat.

"Alex, do you think all of this is a little awkward?"

"Yeah, a little. Everyone is just being so quiet."

"You know." Says a strange voice coming from the front of the barn. "It's ok to be suspicious of us." Alex and Key stand up and see the guy walking towards them. Key has her hand on her sword. "You haven't seen us in what 16 years, and even then, you were little. You probably don't remember us very well."

"How are we supposed to know if you're the solder boy?" Key asked.

"You just got to trust me."

"And if we don't?"

"I'll prove it to you."

"How?"

"I know that when you were born Alex came out first, then you Key. I know that when you were born Key had a birthmark on your big toe on your right foot. Alex has one on his left foot big toe." Key and Alex look at each other. "It's fine if you don't believe me or trust me, it'll take some time and that's ok." They stay quiet. "Well, you too should get some sleep. Goodnight." He leaves the barn and goes inside.

Key and Alex sit down. "Key?"

"Hum."

"What are you thinking about?"

"I was trying to remember how all knows about are birthmarks. The only one I can think of is us and our parents and brother."

"So, do you think that he is our brother?"

"I'm not for certain yet but it's starting to look that way."

Alex yawns. "Well, we should get some sleep."