Chapter 9

The others head to the stables to get their horses ready. Then they head for the spot. It only takes them 5 minutes to get there. When they do get there, they tie up their horses and start to look around.

"This is the hole where the tunnel is." Said Ridge.

"Let's go down there. Felix, you're with me. Sky, Kiki keep looking around."

"Yes, sir." Said Sky.

Chris, Felix, and Ridge jump down into the hole. They brought a lantern with them so they could see. They walk for about half a mile until they get to the end. Up above them Jake and Nix were sort of following them.

When they got to the end of the tunnel Ridge yelled, "Jake, Nix right here! Do you hear me!?"

"Yeah, we hear you!"

"You might want to stand back." Said Ridge.

They back up a couple of passes. They start shoveling into the ground. Chris noticed that Felix was in his own world.

"Felix, what have you noticed so far?"

"Huh, oh, um, I was wondering where the rest of the house is. There had to be something left behind. Then I thought how did they get out of here? How long did they wait in here, until the fire was completely out? Where's all the dirt that was in here? Why didn't they fill it back up?"

"Jez Felix, you're really trying to keep your mind occupied." Said Ridge.

"So, what do you think?" asked Chirs.

"I think they had to have help. To get out of here and to clean up the burnt wood and stuff. If they were down here when the fire happened, wouldn't the smock have gotten to them?"

"That's a good point, Felix." Said Chris. Jake and Nix finished shoveling.

"There you go, all done."

"Thanks, guys." Ridge said.

Ridge, Felix, and Zen start looking around to see if they can find anything. They looked for a while, but they didn't find anything that looked out of the ordinary.

"I'm not seeing anything." Said Ridge.

"Let's head back up top." Said Chris. They head back to the top where the others are waiting.

When they got back to the top Sky asked, "Did you find anything?"

Chris brushes himself off, "Nope not a thing. Did you guys find anything?"

"We found a pile of dirt maybe about 400 meters away."

"Is that it?"

"Yes, but Alex does believe this is where the house was."

"Yeah, I remember, right about here is where I used to look out the window."

"Felix thinks that the Duke and Duchess had help."

"What do you mean?" asks Kiki.

Felix speaks up, "Surly the guards that were looking after them didn't dig this up. The Duke and Duchess surely didn't do it either." They all started to get into a discussion about what could have happened.

Back at camp, Key was sitting upright in the bed playing with Ao. Bell was watching them play. Dean and Cherry are in the kitchen making something small for Key. Key had asked Dean why Cherry could go into the kitchen but not the others. He said, 'She's a guest, and she probably won't make a mess.'. Key argued back, 'But I don't make a mess, and if I do I clean it up.'. But then he said, 'Yes but you don't put things back where they're supposed to go.' They left it at that.