Chapter 8

Alex and Key are worried. Alex grabs Key's hand, and they look at each other. Bell grabs Key's other hand, and they smile at each other. Then Felix puts his hand on Alex and Key's shoulders.

Key takes a deep breath, "ok, go ahead."

"We have reason to believe that your parents escaped the fire and survived."

"What makes you say that?" asked Key.

"There is a secret passageway under the house. They escaped through there." Said Hunter

"We went to the spot where the house was, and looked around the area, and we found the passageway." Said Ridge

"How did you know where it was?" asked Alex.

"There's this old man that lives close to here maybe like a mile away. He's an expert on these woods. He found it suspicious that there was smoke in the forest. So, he went to spy on the people there. He never saw who was inside, but he did see a lot of guards around the house. But he did catch a glimpse of a small child with blonde hair."

"Me?" Key said.

"Yes, he saw you." Key is stunned.

"How did he know about the passageway?" Alex asked.

"He didn't we found it on our own. There was a hole in the ground, it wasn't filled all the way. So, Jake fell through."

"Hey, you promised you won't tell." Said Jake. Hunter started to giggle, then he went serious.

"Anyway, we dug some of it up and followed the passage. It led to a dead end. They either covered up the end of the passage well, or they came out the same way they got in."

"The old man had some other information for us." Said Nix. "This one might be a shocker."

"Just tell us." Said Key

"Well, the old man told us, that the Duke and Duchess, your parents. We're having a baby. Keep in mind this was 32 years ago."

"But we haven't even been alive for that long." said Alex. Alex and Key's eyes got big, and they looked at each other.

"Wait are you saying we have an older sibling!?" said Key.

"Yes, we think that your mother was pregnant with a child when they went into the forest. This child would have been around 16 when you guys were 5."

Key started to think then she gasped, "Alex, do you remember the boy who would always play with us, he was round 16 right?"

He thought for a second, "Yes, I believe so. You think he's, our brother?"

"Yes, I couldn't be anyone else, unless the baby died. But think about it he was always nice to us, unlike the other people. I really think he could be our brother."

"But why wouldn't they tell us?"

"I don't have a clue. That will be the first question we ask them. Do you have any more information for us? Like where they are now or even if they're still alive?"

"No, we don't know for sure. They disappeared when your house went up in flames. Like they did actually die. But we didn't find any bones anywhere where the house was."

"Excuse me I need some air." Said Key. She lets go of Alex's, and Bell's hand then turns to leave but runs into Felix. "Excuses me, Felix." He looks down at her and she looks up at him.

He could see a lot of emotions in her eyes. He could see anger, sadness, and fear. But he still lets her pass. When Felix moves, she peacefully walks away, but when she gets close to the door, she bolts out of there. Felix couldn't take it anymore, he wanted to go after her, but Alex grabbed his wrist and stopped him.