Chapter 14

"Hunter? What are you doing here?"

"Who are you?"

"It's me, Felix."

"Hang on let me get a light." He goes back to his horse and gets his lantern and then walks back to Felix, he holds it up. "Oh, Felix hi."

"Hi, how did you find us?"

"Well, I met this guy who recognized me, and I asked if he saw Key and Alex. He asked what for and I told him and then he told me to come here. So here I am."

"Collin?"

"I don't know what his name was, but he had orange hair."

"Yes, that's Collin. So why are you here?"

"I'd rather tell Key and Alex first. Not that I don't trust you."

"It's ok I get it. Let's get out of this rain."

"Yes, I'm socking." They walk to the barn. "So, this is where their parents live?" Hunter said putting away his horse.

"Yes, and their brother." 

"Oh, so we were right. They do have a brother. Did they get all the information they wanted then?"

"Yes, I believe they did."

"Good, well um I'm going to sleep out here then."

"No, come inside, where it's warm."

"You sure?" 

"Yes, they won't mind. In fact, they'll be excited to see you."

"Yeah, ok."

They head inside quietly. Felix leads him into the living room, and he gets a fire started.

"Make yourself comfortable. Do you want something to eat?"

"Um, just some bread will be fine, thanks. Oh, and I'm going to change really quick."

"Ok." Then Felix leaves to get the bread and he waits a little bit to give Hunter time. When he thinks he's done Felix goes back. When he gets into the room Hunter is dressed and standing next to the fire. Felix hands him the bread.

"Thanks."

"So, you can sleep here on the couch. I'll leave you alone now. Night."

"Night."

He leaves and goes to the dining room since he's still a little paranoid. Hunter goes to sleep, and Felix eventually doses off.

In the morning Key wakes up first and gets dressed. She then walks to the barn to check on Max.

"Good morning, Max." She says with a smile on her face. He rubs his face on hers. Then he motions his head toward Hunters horse. "What is it?" She looks over to the other horses. When she met with the last horse (Hunter horse) she gasped. "Hunter! Wait where is he?" He runs over to the stall. "No Hunter. Maybe he's inside? See you later Max." She then runs to the house. She stops before she gets to the porch, so she doesn't make very much noise. She looks into the dining room and sees Felix looking at her. "Where is he?"

He gets up. "Good morning."

"Moring, where is he?"

"Where's who?" He gets close to her. "Oh, you mean the sleeping man on the couch." She turns from him and goes to the living room. Felix follows her. She gasped when she saw the sleeping, Hunter. "Don't wake him, he had a long night."

They step back. "Why is he here?" She whispers.

"I don't know he didn't tell me. All he said is that he needs you and Alex's help."