014. E Pluribus Unum

THE GROUP QUICKLY RAN OUT OF THE WAITING ROOM AND PAST THE RECEPTIONIST, IGNORING HER SHOUTS. They arrive at the elevator and press the button in urgency.

They arrived on the floor Nancy and Jonathon were on and found Jonathon banging on a door to be let in.

El blew open the door and found quite a large flesh monster atop Nancy, drooling onto her. Cindy grimaced just looking at it. She walked up beside El and shot fire out of her palms right at the monster and it screeched in pain, squirming back with every shot.

El used her powers to throw it from one side to the other and then to the ceiling, it fell to the floor. She caused one final blow, chucking it out the window.

Jonathon ran to Nancy, while the kids ran out to check if they killed it. Once they made it out, El shielded the group as the flesh broke down and slipped into the drain.

• • •

The group hid out at Hop's cabin and El and Cindy sat in El's room in silence as El searched her void for any of the flayed. Cindy sat there in case she needed her powers to help her.

Cindy heard different voices coming from outside, the group was arguing over how certain people are using El's powers recklessly and Mike didn't want to overuse them.

She had to agree with Mike, these powers aren't toys and it is up to her El what she wants but there also should be a limit, she shouldn't be using too much power, it'd be bad.

El took her blindfold off, and wiped away the last bit of blood trickling from her nose, "everything go okay?" She nodded, they got up and were about to leave not until they heard Mike say something shocking.

"—So can we please just come up with a new plan because I love her and I can't lose her again," Cindy's jaw dropped and she turned to El who seemed quite shocked as well.

She opens the door and steps out, Cindy follows. "What's going on?" El asks and Cindy smirks behind her still in disbelief he just said that.

"Nothing. Nothing," Mike blurted.

"Just a family discussion," Lucas answered, sounding on the verge of laughter.

"Oh. I found him," El says, changing the subject.

"Found who?" Nancy questions.

• • •

El went into her void again, but she began breathing rather heavily. Cindy placed a hand on her shoulder and she quickly pulled the blindfold off and looked around in panic.

"What's he doing now?" Max asked.

El got up to get some water after explaining what she saw.

"And that's not normal, right?" Nancy questioned.

"Billy staying in his room on the Fourth of July? No, that's not normal," Max replied still surprised.

"He wants us to find him," Will says.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are," Nancy mentions.

"It's a trap, I agree. We'll be ambushed," Mike adds.

"We won't be surprised. We'll know that they're coming, and we will kick their flayed butts," Lucas said with confidence.

"You mean El and Cindy will kick their butts," Max corrected. Cindy bit down on the inside of her cheeks, not sure she's completely up to that.