Chapter 3: Pain of Death

Sitting by the bonfire and feeling its warmth I felt like I could finally relax. For even just a little bit. The bonfire didn't feel like any old fire. It felt homely, welcoming, nostalgic even. So I sat by the bonfire for a bit enjoying the warmth and comfort it provided.

But I knew all good things had to end eventually. I had to get up and keep marching forth. Staying like this is not good I can't become complacent. But, as I was looking around while preparing to get up I saw something. My blood immediately grew cold. Because from the large window-like opening above the Heavy set of doors leading to the Asylum Demon's arena.

From that window, I could see the Asylum Demon himself. Perched above the arena. Waiting. But that wasn't even the scariest part. Because he was staring right at me with a ravenous gaze filled with sadism and mockery. daring me to even try to go through the doors.

For the first time, I was glad I was a hollow because if I wasn't then I would probably have shit myself in fear. With the Stray Demon, it was different. I could avoid the stray demon until I was ready, he was an eventuality. But the Asylum Demon? He was right here right now. I have no choice but to face him now.

I was frozen on the spot. Like prey meeting the predator's gaze. I am absolutely terrified. But I must do this. Snap out of this John!

Come on! You feel great! You feel awesome! You! Can! Do! This!

Hyping myself up I finally snapped out of my fear-driven state and sat up from the bonfire.

Forcefully stopping myself from shaking, I braced the straight sword handle in my right hand and approached the set of heavy metal doors.

Fuck it I'm not scared of you ugly fat piece of shit! I pushed open the doors with incredible difficulty. Holy hell these doors are heavy. Stepping inside I saw the door I went through become obscured by fog.

Psyching myself up I continued forth seeing the open door on the side I made it my target. I prepared myself to spri-

*BOOOOM!*

I felt my whole world shake as the gigantic demon landed right in front of me. He was way more intimidating up close. He was slightly smaller than the asylum demon but he was still 3 times taller than me. His large bulbous body towered over me, holding a gigantic hammer to go along with his size. He stared me down with a glare filled with malice and anger.

I am scared of you fat ugly piece of shit! Fuck it, just sprint toward the exit and don't look back! And out of freeze, flee and fight. this time I chose flee. There is no way in Gwyn's burnt beard that I'm going to be able even to provide a fight to the bastard. So just run!!!

But in my tunnel vision toward the door while sprinting I didn't see him swing his hammer horizontally toward my legs.

Crunch

Suddenly I felt my vision do a 180-degree turn and I realized that I was flung in a spinning motion by the Asylum Demon hitting me. Along with that realization, I felt immense amounts of pain shoot through my legs. or well, probably what's left of them considering the agony I am feeling.