Chapter 15: The Taurus Throwdown

After notification came within my view the body of the black knight still on my blade faded into ash and got carried away by the wind. Seeing this formidable foe who had taught me much to meet his end I closed my eyes and prayed to whatever god left that would hear me in this dying world.

For him to drop his sweet, sweet {Black Knight Sword}.

Slowly and cautiously opening my eyes I wearily glanced downward and then jumped for joy at the sight I saw.

Because before my eyes was a big and beautiful {Black Knight Sword}. Picking up the absurdly heavy for its size but manageable with my stats sword I used Inspect on it which I hadn't used for a long time for some reason.

---

[Black Knight Sword]

Greatsword of the black knights who wander Lordran. Used to face chaos demons.

Effect: Deals extra damage against chaos demons

---

Perfect, Although it was a bit rusty I could fix that with some maintenance. And the anti-devil attribute was the perfect weapon for my next challenge.

Taurus demon. Or as I call him, the Cowboy.

But before going to his place to mess his day up I still had my reward to claim. Walking up to the end of the corridor the Black knight was placed in I bent down and picked up the item on the ground.

< You have acquired 1x{Blue Tearstone Ring} >

---

[Blue Tearstone Ring]

The rare gem called tearstone has the uncanny ability to sense imminent death.

This blue tearstone from Catarina boosts the defence of its wearer when in danger.

---

I took out the ring and inspected it, it was truly a beautifully made ring that was probably made by a master craftsman. Pulling off the glove on my right hand, I placed the ring on one of my fingers then placed the glove back over it.

Now that I had claimed everything I set out to claim I walked back over to the bonfire and sat down to spend the spare souls I had. Due to all of the runbacks I had to do to get to the black knight I had accumulated a pretty sum of souls.

...Though I died once while going back to retrieve my remains which sent 5000+ souls into oblivion...

...That had hurt me in a way the black knight never could...

But I still had enough to level up 3 times so I put 1 point into vit, dex, and end and confirmed. Making me poor once again. No worries, I was going to replenish my supply very soon anyways. I also spent one humanity to reverse my hollowing and set out

I swiftly tore apart any hollow unfortunate enough to be on my way and made my way through the now familiar Upper Undead Burg(er). And finally, instead of going down the stairs to scuffle with the black knight, I walked up the stairs leading to the tower.