Chapter 11: Lordran at last

Although I was greatly surprised and nearly stabbed the giant crow as it snatched me up I thankfully remembered that it was actually supposed to happen and that I didn't randomly get snatched by a 7ft crow-thing. So I decided to just relax and let crow express airlines take me to Lordran.

But, yknow it's really hard to relax when you are flying hundreds of meters in the air held up only by the talons of a gigantic crow. Not to mention the freezing cold along with the air from high speed made the experience pleasantly horrible.

But the driver was silent the whole ride so I would rate it 4 stars.

Thankfully the flight wasn't too long. Or at least long enough for me to freeze to death. As we approached the firelink shrine I actually got to witness the grand architecture of lordran and I gotta say.

What did the guy who built this place smoke and where can I find some?

Because him being high is the only explanation I can give for this architecture. Walls built seemingly at complete random, houses built in ways that block roads. Either he was on something, was a maniac, or a sadist. Or all of the above. And I got this from just a glance!

But I do have to admit, the controlled chaos of Lordran's architecture was a sight for the sore eyes. Because while inconvenient, it made one hell of a scenery. And now the firelink shrine, it was simply gorgeous. I admit, I'm a sucker for overgrown ruins and this definitely tickles my fancy.

Even in this dying world filled with chaos(literally, I'm looking at you Bed of Chaos) Firelink shrine was an oasis filled with greenery and life in such a bleak world. It was quite literally a place signifying hope in a dying world. The place where the altar of the first flame lies.

As I admired the scenery I failed to realize that my uber had already reached its destination. And the damn bird didn't even give me a chance to ready myself before he dropped me face first into the dirt and flew away.

*plop*

Slapping the dirt and grass off of me I stood up when I heard somebody talking to me. Turning to the sound of the voice I saw... Crestfallen Warrior? Or whatever his name was address me.

''Well, what do we have here? You must be a new arrival. Let me guess. Fate of the Undead, right? Well, you're not the first. But there's no salvation here. You'd have done better to rot in the Undead Asylum... But, too late now.''

Wow, his condescending tone is really pissing me off. I'm sure he didn't mean it but having been told it would have been better to rot in the Undead Asylum after all I did to get out of there just feels like being spat on the face. But regardless I reigned in my anger.

After all, this was my first real human(or undead) interaction in what feels like years! And before you ask, no, hollows don't count. So I really did not want to mess up our relationship by doing something like stabbing him.

Alright, first impressions matter the most. And if this world has forced the title of the ''Chosen Undead'' on me. Then well, it's only right I get to have some fun with it. So I stabbed my sword into the ground and exclaimed semi-sarcastically.