Chapter 14: Battle Against A True Black Knight

I decided to fight the black knight for 2 reasons. One is the blue tearstone ring which will massively improve my survivability. And the second one I the black knight weaponry. They are strong enough as they already are and the anti-demon powers they have is just *Cheff's kiss*.

But I wasn't risking all of these souls against the black knight as I knew they wouldn't nearly be as exploitable as in the game. So I warped back to the bonfire and decided to spend most of my souls leveling up.

---

[Soul level : 13] -> [Soul level : 16]

{Vitality : 11 }

{Attunement : 11}

{Endurance : 11 }

{Strength : 18 } -> {Strength : 20 }

{Dexterity : 11 } -> {Dexterity : 12}

{Resistance : 11 }

{Intelligence : 11 }

{Faith : 11 }

<[Souls required: 4342 ] Confirm: Y/N>

---

'Yes.'

The moment I confirmed I felt the power enter my body making me stronger and more dexterous. I got up and did some moves to test my new body and get accustomed to the changes. After a bit of testing, I started moving forward.

I went on my way efficiently slaughtering hollows with my zweihander on the way. I did get tagged a few times due to my carelessness but a swig and a half of my ten charges of estus made those blunders basically irrelevant.

After 10 minutes or so and a dozen hollow corpses, I was back in front of the black knight's staircase. I walked down with my morning star and hollow soldier shield in hand. Making sure to make as little noise as possible as I approached him.

[ You have acquired the skill {Sneak lv.1} !]

Although I had acquired a new skill my attention wasn't on it. No, my attention was on the Imposing 2.5 meter(8ft2 in freedom units) figure clad head to toe in black armor.

Although the Asylum Demon was far scarier. This black knight gave off a different aura. He felt like a domineering wall in front of me. But I naturally did not give that much a shit so I got in position and lobbed a brick at the back of his head with all of my strength.

*Clank*

But all the brick managed to accomplish was to make the knight's head tilt forward. After which he slowly turned around and started making his way over to me with his shield slightly poised in front of him. I also readied my blade and braced my shield in front of me to gauge him.

When he got close enough the black knight raised his sword above his head and delivered a quick horizontal slash. Thankfully I was barely able to respond by raising my shield in his blade's path.

*Crash!*

His blow was so strong he nearly lifted me off my feet and made me slide back half a meter. My shield-bearing arm felt numb. This thing is an absolute monster! If I had to guess his relevant stats should be in their 30s to 40s. Far outstripping my meager stats.