Office

"Am I a glorified paper weight or what?"

Camael's look was enough for. "Don't answer that." To be the next thing, Lute said.

She didn't think long enough about the deal offered, momentary ownership of her soul to be sure she'd survive, all seemed so simple.

...

But the fact she could be dragged around to follow the demon was not something she took into account.

"While you can't defend yourself or at least fly you'll be nicely following me around so I can keep an eye out on if you are still alive... In other points, you are not forced to stand like a statue in the corner, you just need to stay in the building." Camael waved her off, reading over production reports and circling or underlining things she liked or needed to fix on them. "And if those bother you so much you can take them off, only Lucien has access to this office without my accord and he is still at the dinner."

Those words stopped Lute from poking the horns on her head again and huffed, not liking that the demon knew of her discomfort.

"If that halo has a scratch on it the day I leave I will skewer you." She said.

"Please, as if anything could scratch a halo."

"As if you'd know."

"I know more than you think angel. Don't forget Adam and I have been covering up that I murder angels each year for each of our homes, I could go around telling everyone and have demons rebel."

"Don't you dare!" Lute hit her good hand on the desk, sending papers flying.

The look she got back for her glare made her scoff as she looked away... And crouch down to pick up the papers.

"It would be bothersome so I probably won't." She put the papers on the desk, slightly wrinkled as it was hard to grab with one arm, hating how only one look got her to do this but she couldn't die, not like this. "And I told you, sit down, I am not dickmaster and make my subordinate suffer for nothing."

With a huff, she finally listened, sitting down, not liking to complain in that sense of it but it's not like she is in heaven, she can't heal as fast as she'd usually and all of it still hurt, standing for long amounts of time was not helping, just walking here from the dinner had tired her out.

Suddenly the phone rang.

"Will you answer that?" Lute asked, irked when it rang for the fifth time and the demon didn't move to answer.

"Do it yourself, I have work to do." Lute barely caught the phone thrown at her.

She looked between it and the demon before grinning and all smugly answering.

"Hello there." She said.

"Oooooh!!" Came the extremely loud exclamation that made her yank the phone away from her ear and Camael looked up slightly from her work. "Does Cam have a new assistant? Something happened the Lucien? Is he alright? Is she even there? Who are you? Is she there?"

Lute blinked, rewinding in her head.

"No, no, yes, yes, Lute and yes." She cringed, fuck that was her name! Looking at the demon who was now smirking, shit! That bitch is listening... And here she thought she could cause her trouble so she doesn't ask her to do it again.

"Well nice to meet you Lute! I might need Cam's help, does she have free time? I need to see her." The person on the other side was talking so loudly that the demon picked up her head having an 'oh shit' face.

Lute grinned as the demon stood up and hurried over the try grab the phone back.

"Oh of course she has time, pass by today." She had the time to finish before the phone was yanked back.

"Oh heeeey Char--No I... Euh yeah... Fine but... Yeah... Fine... Bye..." The angel was smiling at herself as the demon seemed to for once lose her smile and struggle with something, passing her hands through her hair and tapping her finger  on her cheek.

She'll celebrate that little victory.

And she hung up.

"You little punk..."

Lute shrank back, victory forgotten under the blazing eyes of the demon who's phone screen cracked in her hold.

"You have any idea what you just did?!" She yelled, grabbing her head and walking up and down in the office muttering something.

"Is... It really that bad?" Lute ended up asking after trying to make sense of what she was hearing.

"YES!!" Camael threw up her hands as she faced her before putting her hands on her face. "Heaven's be damned Lure! Oh my heavens!"

"It's Lut--" "Fucking shit! I'll be Adam's whore before I'd say yes to that!"

"Did I just agree to nuke heaven for you sinner?"

"No... Worse." She looked out the window dramatically. "My niece is coming."