Aftermath

"No, don't worry, it was too hard of a mission, I should have started with a lesser target."

Adam knew his words did not make the younger angel feel good at all, inspiring disappointment and more hate.

He had invaded hell on the opposite side, having precisely orchestrated Lute, having only a little time in meeting with the demon to make sure she survived even if roughed up.

The goal was purely to get them personally acquainted and Lute to also start truly hating the demon not only because she is a demon but because of who she is.

He knew those words would worm themselves into her mind and she'll fight harder and harder each year even if she loses each time until the moment she'll finally win against the damned demon.

Perfect, this is the perfect plan.

And it is happening exactly as written.

All he needs to do in that time is cover angel deaths from this demon, make sure Sera doesn't find out above everyone else since this would warrant an immediate stop to the extermination and he won't accept that.

-------------------------------------

Even if angels healed faster then humans of even devils, being the winners while they were the sinners after all, her ribs bothered Lute even a week after the failed mission.

She was so pissed.

At the demon, at herself, how could she have been overpowered so easily?! Her aching ribs reminding her each second the bitter defeat she suffered.

She had resummoned her mask here but looking at it filled her with anger as how easily the demon had won this fight.

So Lute decided that she'd train not only to keep her skills sharp like all other exorcists did but also better herself.

One of these day, one of these, Lute will drive her spear through the heart of the demon that humiliated her.

Even if it takes several more broken ribs to do so.

Lute would bring the wildfire demon down.

--------------------------------------------

Camael sat in her office, sighing as she looked over all the collateral, leaving the clean up of the territory to the clean up crews while she dealt with the paper work.

More then 2/3 of a months of production had gone down the gullet of her desperate demons for a boost of artificial courage.

Having lost 5% of the sinners to angels out of the 19% total with the rest of those being drug overdoses and demon on demon violence, it was still in the norms for her territories.

The damage to the buildings, streets and infrastructure tho was 9.2% and was on a steady climb for each year, she'll need to reinvest her fortune into the territories and make this fucking buildings built out of something else that is not cardboard!

She tapped her hand on the paper work, sighing, it would take a while for production to catch up with the drop in stock and she'll need to move it to her new safe house to keep the demons from taking more now that the extermination was over.

She always hated the weeks following the event as it was always the same thing over and over as they tried to pick up their lives where it was left off.

She'll need to have a look at the other territories' stats too before making a move on that front.

Tho she did wonder if that angel girl would be back like she expected her to be, she looked adorable with the glare and believing she could do anything to her.

She was not one of the strongest angels for nothing, Lucifer was not threatened with her for nothing, heaven and hell doesn't tremble under her wrath for nothing.

And a little angel on what was probably her first mission to hell, had decided to target her... A ballsy move she respects, it's a way to make a name for yourself if you survive and she damn well did.

She did wonder her reasons, was it a dare? Some vendetta because of an angel she offed or mutilated? A personal motivation? Whatever it was, this angel now how her attention.

She reached down and opened a drawer, pulling out a little black round based pyramid, it was a bit broken and flattened but it was bit, putting it on the table and looking at it with a wide smile.

Now she wouldn't be able to hide from her if she came back.

And Camael would be waiting because this is entertaining to all heavens.

She tipped over the little shape, pushing is aside, going back to her paper work, it needs to be done before even more appear because she knows, it will be a constant influx of this for the following days.