Blackout pt.2

A few feet ahead, Robbie spots his younger brother rolling away from trouble and pulls his vehicle right up in front of him, blocking Gabriel from the delinquents. Their "leader" smiles at the new set of wheels that arrived on the scene as Robbie and I step out of the car.

"Even better," he grins as he glides his hand over the hood of the vehicle.

     I walk away from the passenger's side and take a step towards the delinquent. "I wouldn't touch it if I were you. Owner's a bit of a hothead," I state.

Robbie walks towards Gabe and begins to help him move away from the other looters.

     Their leader continued speaking, " It's a shame to see something this nice in the hands of someone who can't take care of her. What I'd really like to do is get a look under the hood".

    Robbie takes a step away from his younger brother and towards his car and the douche who thinks he's about to score a 1969 Black Dodge Charger.

"Hey, back off," the older Reyes brother threatens.

"Just admiring her, homes," the gang leader arrogantly responds. "Nothing wrong with that, is there?"

    The man's obnoxious and arrogant behavior angers Robbie. His eyes begin to glow a burning fiery red and the temperature of the hood's charger instantly turns to a hellish hot and immediately burns the hands of the leader leaning on Robbie's car. Sounds of his skin could be heard sizzling, clear and crisp. The "brave" leader cried in agony and fell to the ground, hurt.

    "She runs a little hot," I remarked, referring to the car.

     A minion of his goes on the attack with a bat and starts swinging with some force but no real plan except to land as many hits as possible.

     His plan quickly fails.

     Once I dodged the second bat swing, Robbie intercepted the bat, catching it and flinging it behind him. The first minion pulls back his fist, ready to launch a punch, but Robbie beats him to it by punch- striking him in the chest. He then moves on to the second minion and front-kicks him, sending him stumbling back. Minion #1 goes for a swing but is dodged.

     I begin fighting minion #3. He attempts a left hook but I block and strike him using my right arm. Robbie picks up follower #2 and body slams him into the trash bins behind them. While Robbie was focused on the delinquent in front of him, he didn't see the other one standing right behind him. 

       Minion #2 came up from behind the older Reyes and wrapped his arms around Robbie's chest to restrict his movements. He pulled Robbie away from his friend and I decided to bash the head of minion #3 into the side door of the car beside us.

     However, while that last struggle was happening, the ring leader ran up behind Gabriel and held him in a chokehold while pointing a gun to his head. Just as I finished off minion #3, I turned to see this unfortunate situation and did the most natural thing I could do and think of. I quaked him. His body immediately slammed into the end of the van behind him. I fell to the ground, crying out in pain as the ache in my arm worsened.

       Before I could process that Gabe was okay and that I, for the most part, would survive, minion #3 came back for more. He grabbed my shoulder, and I turned and punched him square in the face. He tried to swing at me but I blocked and struck him in the face again. Robbie finished dealing with his two minions and came over and helped me finish with dealing with our last problem. The Reyes man bashed the last minion's head into the hood of the car until he was knocked out cold.

      He and I, begin to let ourselves catch our breaths, and as we take in some air, we look around at the final results of our fight together. I'm now standing and holding my recently used, injured wrist.