Chapter 11

While working until midnight in the office, Arthur is devoted to locating the missing employee. Even though a week has passed, and he hasn't found any evidence, he isn't giving up. 

He started tracking last week. Though he continues to track, there are moments when he believes the man is already dead. 

After spending an hour sitting still, Arthur rests his back on the chair's backrest, fatigued, but he doesn't give up easy and won't waver in a struggle. 

When someone abruptly entered their workplace, Arthur sprang into action, grabbing a flashlight and shining it on their main entrance.

It was just Logan "Knew it you'll be here" Logan spoke out and walked over to Arthur, who sighed with relief as he assumed someone had broken into the company's premises. 

"What are you doing here? It's already midnight" Arthur said while Logan sat beside him "Midnights are my afternoons and I asked Rex if you're still here and he said yes so I came here so why not give you some company?" 

he replied as he reached for his lighter to light his cigar "You want some?" Logan asked and Arthur nodded, Arthur needs some nicotine in his system to help him stay awake. 

Being the gentleman that he is, Logan lights Arthur's cigar, and they both exhale smoke out of their lungs.

Logan's eyes fell on the computer, and he moved in closer to have a closer look "You've been tracking him, found something related?" Arthur shakes his head. 

"I've been doing this for 1 week and can't still find any trace of him" He remarked while glancing at the photo of Logan's missing employee "But can I ask what's with him?"

"As much as I want to tell you, it's too personal to say it" Logan said those words, taking a long breath of the smoke and then releasing it.

"C'mon! Tell me" Just as Logan was about to open his mouth, he got an idea "I'll tell you, if you kiss me on cheeks" When Logan asked that, Arthur wasn't having it "No."

"So, you don't want answers then." 

"Just please say it to me!" 

"Kiss me in the cheeks fir-"

"Fine!" Arthur interrupts Logan's statement and approaches him to plant a peck on each cheek "See? That wasn't harmful."

"Now tell me!" Logan cleared his throat and sat appropriately "I won't get into all the details, but we need the formula for this particular medication, and we need that! We also commit the formula to memory; however, if that is stolen. It will be horrific."

"What pill?"

"Kiss me again in the cheeks 'cause that's another question" Despite rolling his eyes, Arthur nonetheless gives Logan a cheek kiss "It's called Pruprovin and it's known for calming people when they're misbehaving or getting aggressive, can be use also when you're feeling nervous."

"So, why would someone steal it? What's the issue?"

"Now kiss me in the lips because that's a big question."

"Seriously!?" Arthur suddenly stood up on his seat and Logan nodded his head "Yes!"

"I- you- Ugh! Fine!" When Arthur finally leaned in to kiss Logan on the lips, Logan's thoughts went blank. Arthur never imagined that his lips would feel as gentle and delicate as they kiss. 

He just looks at Arthur, who is simply kissing Logan and closing his eyes. After Arthur ended the kiss, Logan's thoughts returned to their regular state "Now tell me why!" 

Logan swallows his spit and looks away from Arthur as his face takes on a rosy, pink tone "W-well just l-like I said, I-it'll be terrible if it got handed in a wrong person."