Chapter 22

Few Hours Later 

Following the private plane's safe landing, Blade and Callum departed the aircraft. As Blade is a well-known figure in the Philippines. 

Callum was a little perplexed as to why there wasn't an endless stream of photographers "Something's off" Callum said so faintly. 

"You are saying something mi amore?" In a very sweet and loving voice, Blade spoke, and Callum simply grinned and shook his head "Nothing, mi amore~"

With a little nod and a smile in return, Blade grasped Callum's hand and guided him down the private aircraft. 

Callum glances around and it feels hauntingly unsettling, the Philippines is constantly raucous and teeming with people.

As soon as they stepped into the airport building, his anxiety intensified. There are only a handful of individuals, and you can count them all "Something's really off." 

With a thought, he said. Blade was speaking on the phone; Callum was paying close attention to every word that Blade spat out while they were walking down an empty hallway.

"I am aware that you are traveling on your own bus. Is it possible for you to collect us from the airport?"

"Personal bus?" Are we not going to take a taxi or someone's going to pick them up? Or this personal bus is Blade's personal vehicle? 

"I know about what happened here and that's why I'm here."

"What is he talking about?" Is everything alright? And by that, what does he mean? Callum phoned his parents to make sure they were okay as he began to feel anxious. 

He tried phoning them a few times, but they never answered, "What's happening?" Blade noticed Callum's anxiety, so he stopped walking and faced his younger lover. 

"Are you ok?" Once more, he spoke in a soothing, endearing way, and Callum realized that Blade didn't typically speak to him in this manner "Tell me what's happening in here!" 

Callum abruptly raised his voice, which caught Blade off guard "Mi amore, what are you talking about?"

"What is happening here!?" A few people began to stare at them, and Blade didn't want to cause a scene because that might ruin his strategy. 

After cutting the conversation in the phone, Blade gave Callum a video update on the current situation. Callum looks at it, widening his eyes and lowering his jaw "That's the answer for your question."

"W-why you didn't bother to tell me about this?"

"I don't want to make you feel afraid."

"You're making me afraid!!" That outburst made both of them go silent. Even Callum didn't realize that he said that super loud "I-I-I'm sorry" Callum apologizes. 

Blade sigh and embraces his lover tightly "I understand, don't need to be sorry" Callum leaned his cheek against Blade's chest, he tried not to cry in front of Blade, but a few tears trickled out of his eyes. 

It was a minute-long embrace "Let's go?" After Blade said that the airports alarm system suddenly goes off "What?"

Though they are unsure of the cause of its rapid detonation, Blade was aware that someone had been attacked by one of those individuals when he heard a scream "Follow me! We're hiding!"

Flashback 

Blade gave the underground scientists orders, and they continued on working. Their boss intended to carry out additional destructive actions in order to cause greater suffering for the three families.