Chapter 23

Carlos's feet were shackled, and Finn's was fastened to the post while they were held captives in a small space. 

They don't fully understand why they are here, but Carlos has already conjectured that it's because someone knew he was working on a remedy for this disaster. 

Looking at Finn, who is peacefully asleep, you can see that he was knocked down because he attempted to fight back, and as a result, anesthetic was injected to dull his senses. 

Since Carlos was wounded in the arm, he is weaker and cannot move very much because doing so would be extremely painful.

"So, they're just going to lock us out here?" After stating those words, the door opens revealing the guy who shot him earlier "Someone wants to see you" The man said, and as he moved aside to make room for the person who wished to meet Carlos, it was none other than "Rafael?"

Name: Rafael Imperial
Status: Single, one of Blade's trustful partners.
Information: Rafael grew up with Blade and Carlos, the three of them are childhood friends but difference is, Rafael is just a simple living human in other words, Rafael didn't grow up in a luxurious life.

"Nice to meet you again, Carlos" Carlos was speechless as he watches his friend heading towards him, Rafael sat down to match Carlos's level "Sorry for capturing you and also I didn't intend to get you shot, it's just my men being reckless."

"What do you want from me?" 

"It's simple, you" Carlos crease his eyebrows and said "Me?" 

"Yes you. We found out that your parents created a device that emits frequency."

"Device?" 

"Yes, it was destroyed for some unknown reason, but I think you can fix it." 

"I'm not aware that my parents made something like that and I'm one hundred percent sure that device will be complicated to fix." 

"The device name is 'Blue Whale's Call' it emits different form of frequency and I'm going to prove you wrong that it wouldn't be hard to fix." 

"Then why don't you fix it on yourself then?" Rafael was irritated by Carlos's statement but maintained his composure "It was out of our league to fix those such things, so please kindly asking you that help us to fix it." 

"Give me a good reason to fix it."

"Blade has already utilized a different version of it. That's the reason why everyone who ingested a large amount of Pruprovin is insane. The adverse effects are triggered by that frequency, and if your parents' device is fixed, the effects might change, same to how your successful drug did. Incromatin" Carlos was speechless again, Blade was the one who's doing all of these? "He already found out."

"To give you more information, he's the one who stole the formula." 

"How do you know all of this stuff?"