Now That Agony Has Taken Hold

A/N: the name of the chapter is from R.I.P's 'Chronic Wasting Disease', breaking the standard i set in previous chapter and in later ones with this and the next chapter. My partner was helping me with names for chapters and suggested Chronic Wasting Disease and it fits well with how some of the characters are in the story, thanks Destiny btw.

Wendell comes over when jupiter calls him, jupiter overestimating how long he could go without another hunt. Wendell lets him get some blood so he could last until the next hunt. They are distracted by that when isaac barges in without knocking, he sees jupiter and wendell in a compromising position and assumes that they were making out. Wendell, who is facing the door, sees isaac and taps jupiter and they both awkwardly say hi after jupiter registers what happened. Isaac tells them something pretty unimportant and leaves, jupiter starting to panic at what isaac may have seen. Wendell suggests that they leave the house and figure out what they are gonna do, because even if isaac assumed that they were only making out, it was too close and could happen again with worse consequences.

They leave jupiter's room and are confronted by cynthia, who tells jupiter to keep his room door open whenever wendell is over from then on. Jupiter grabs his keys, spends a second prepping for going out, opens the door, and pulls wendell along out the door. They head over to wendell's house to discuss., wallace, wendell's father is there but about to head off to work and sees them come in. wallace tells them not to do anything stupid and heads out the door, leaving them alone. Wendell and jupiter discuss plans on what to do, leaving town is one of them. That one sticks to them more than the other plans, and they delve into the intricacies of that plan. They start to properly plan out a road trip around the country when jupiter reminds wendell about the absurd amount of savings he has from his grandfather.

They call kenny before committing to the plan, to catch him up on what happened. Jared and vincent overhear and the three of them agree that moving out in some way is for the better. Kenny did want to see them in person before they left, and wendell says they would. Jupiter invites him along with them but kenny says he still has obligations in Nobel and can't leave. Jupiter says alright, that the offer still stands anytime he wants, and he ends the call. The two of them continue to plan and they decide to leave a few days later. Wendell starts to pack up important stuff with the help of jupiter. This part ends with jupiter helping wendell pack.