Waiting For The Holes To Close Now

A/N: so i was checking the formatting soon before posting a previous part and i found out wattpad broke the part with jupiter's ringtone so i fixed the fact that it wasn't pasted in the first place. I just put the video up top because there was supposed to be a hyperlink to it in the fic itself. This was the part i was most excited to post, just had to space out the rest so i could write other sections. Title from "Amygdala's Rag doll" by GHOST.

Jupiter didn't want to get up, he was tired and knew instinctively that the sun was still out, but he had to for Andrew and his baseball game. It wouldn't be a Nobel Little League game without the Golden family all coming for support. Jupiter was required for being the oldest, the golden child of the Golden children, and he couldn't get out of it this time because of last night.

'At least I didn't come in all bloody like last time.' Last time being the night before graduation, at that party hosted by Charlie Payne. He didn't remember leaving the party but he did remember entering the house, the bottom half of his face was all bloody and his shirt was drenched. He had to burn that shirt, couldn't get the blood stains out, and it was his favorite shirt too.

Jupiter got up and put on his signature trench over a dark red hoodie and light grey tank top he had stuffed in the back of his closet, the black jeans he had helped with making sure he didn't get burnt by the sun. The sunglasses helped with the ball of death called the sun and the baseball cap helped shade his face along with the hood. Jupiter brought some extra sunscreen for his face and he bought a spare pair just in case.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Jupiter jumped and went to the door, opening it for whoever was on the other side. That person turned out to be his younger brother, Isaac, who had come to make sure he was awake to head over on time. Jupiter was forced to leave the comfortable darkness of his room and inform his parents that he was gonna head over a bit after them.

"Morning, Imma just head off closer to time if that alright with y'all?" Jupiter was so close to saying that in Spanish, he was that tired. With luck he would not be required to attend until the game started.

"If you get there when the game starts, you will have to stay until the game ends. Otherwise, you can leave after the first hour and a half of the game starting." Cynthia was really making sure he actually attended for a long time, which would fuck with his schedule. Whatever, he could hide in a public bathroom for breaks.

"I'll join y'all in the car in a minute." He lost the battle, he would be needing comfort from Wendell, if he even attended the game. Wendell didn't have a reason to go, an only child to his core and his dad didn't coach the team. He would have to call his boyfriend if he wanted comfort, which sucked because he had no clue what Wendell's plans were for the day.

Jupiter went to the bathroom to psych himself up for the painful task of going outside for the next several hours. The process of doing his normal morning routine, in the morning for once, was calming to him. He popped into his room to grab his sunglasses and his headphones, he knew that going without them at any point in his life was a death sentence. Putting on his playlist of songs he could listen to for the next seven hours and not get tired, he walked down the stairs for the second time that morning and was vaguely worried about his continued existence in this plane of reality.

Sober Up from AJR was the song playing from his headphones when he stepped outside and had to flick down the sunglasses and pull his baseball cap further down. The upbeat music being the soundtrack to his torture, Andrew laughing at his pain which was specifically for his amusement while Isaac seemed more sympathetic. The headphones were helping with all the noises he used to enjoy hearing but were now too loud for him to handle, the birds singing their morning song was the worst for him to have to hear now. He used to enjoy bird watching but now being outside for five minutes caused him to want to retreat to the shade.