Chapter 1

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Pain.

That's all I felt. I was sore, and really, it hurt to open my eyes. But I opened them, and I immediately knew where I was.

I looked down to see me in a hospital gown, and tubes probably coming from every part in my body. I saw that I had a oxygen mask on, so I knew something must have happened. I looked around the bland room. I tried to turn my body, but it hurt to move. It made me cringe. I looked at all the stitches on my arms and legs. I had probably  50 bruises,  and my face felt numb. Whatever happened, it happened not to long ago.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

A nightstand  was to the left of me, with a cup of water and a lamp. A book also sat on it. Painfully, I reached for the book and slowly wrapped my fingers around the rim. I examined the book, and read the back.

Remember to Forget. [ _smilelikeniall ]

I sighed and slowly, but painfully, put it back on the table. I wanted to look out the window that was too my right, but it was covered my curtains. At this point, I realized that the room was uncomfortably dark.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

And that noise. That...annoying noise. I swiveled my head over to the left to see a heart monitor, making that horrible sound. Before I could knock it down to the ground, I was startled by the click of a doorknob.

A nurse with pink scrubs walked in, not paying any attention to me. She was looking at her clipboard with a concerned face. I stayed silent as she paused  to read whatever was on her board. When she glanced up at me, her eyes widened at the sight of me being awake. She scrambled out of the room, shouting, "She's Awake! Doctor!"

I shrugged and did weird stuff with my lips. I don't know why, really. Then, a dark haired  man came rushing in, with the nurse on his heels. He rushed over and checked on me, then looked at the machines.

"How?" He mumbled.

~1 hour Later~

* Doctor Who is on the TV*

After the doctor came in a hour ago, he explained some things.

My family was in a major car accident. We rolled down a 50-for cliff after our brakes failed, and I suffering amnesia. Leading to me not remembering anything except my name (which was told to me by the doctor), and taking away privileges, including my speaking abilities. My legs are paralyzed, and I start rehab tomorrow.

The hardest part out of all of those is me not being able to speak. Really, I can't show emotion. I can't tell anyone my feelings, or any pain I'm feeling. I feel so limited, like I'm in a glass box that I can never escape. And no one can hear me in that glass box, but I can hear, and see, everyone and everything.

The nurse walked in with a pity look on her face. She pulled up a chair and turned down my show. I was pretty upset at that, but my anger was subsided when she set a plate f fresh food on my lap. I dug into the sandwich while she started talking to me.

"Okay, let me get to the point. I came here to give you some information about your family."

I stopped eating and looked at her.

"Your mum and dad had 3 kids. Caleb, 17, Casey, you, 14, and  Camellia, age 6," she took a shaky sigh before continuing. "And you were the only survivor. Caleb, Camellia, and your parents past away today. Caleb told me before he passed, to tell you that he loves you." At this point tears were rolling down her face.

Deep pain arose from my chest. From my heart. Knowing that the brother I once remembered loves me makes me want to break down.

I am going to win this stupid battle,

No matter what it takes.