Chapter 2

~2 weeks later~

I said my goodbyes to the doctors and nurses that I had made friends with in the three weeks I stayed. Then, I was ready to leave.

In a wheelchair, I was rolled out of the hospital, and into a van that I could get into with my wheelchair. Today, Kara, the nurse, was taking me on a shopping trip to get my stuff before we headed to the adoption center. I was released today, but with many complications. I had to come back every two weeks for a checkup, and I needed rehab each week.

My mind raced with so many thoughts, I had a headache.

"Alright! We will hit Forever 21 first, then Aeropostale?" Kara asked me.

I nodded, even though I didn't know any of those stores. Or really had any part in that decision.

~20 minutes later~

We arrived at the shopping mall, which was actually quite nice.  Rolling around for hours wasn't really my plan though, but it happened. Store after store after store.

FOR 3 HOURS.

3, long, hours. We hit about 25 stores, as came out with about 10 bags. We got myself a suitcase with owls on it, and one of them has nerd glasses, like me. Ya' know, those big black "nerd" glasses? Yeah.

  In the car, a wave of depression washed over me as I saw the adoption center out the window. I took a big sigh and looked down. I had no idea if anyone would want me this way...

What if I stayed there forever?

Then, I just closed my eyes.

When I opened them, we were in the parking lot of the center, and I saw a girl siting outside. She had blonde hair, and was wearing leggings that had donuts on them. Her shirt said something like, "5SOS"? I don't know. I was rolled out and got her attention. Her green eyes filled with joy and she hopped up and ran inside, screaming, "She's here! She's here!"

I opened my mouth as 50 kids, boy and girl, fled out of the building. With smiles on their faces, they greeted me with much energy. Some even had gifts.

Finally, I was sent up to my room, and the van left.

So apparently, all 14,15, and 16 year old gets their own rooms, since they are in the "becoming teen" stage. I don't even know.

But, they have to share with a baby, which isn't a problem at all. I love babies!

I looked around the pink room. The walls were pastel pink, and the bedspread was white. There was wood floors, and a rug with polka dots was under the baby's white crib.

It was a girl, Savannah Grace. 3 months old.

I wheeled myself over to my bag, and pulled out a rolled up poster. After I taped it to the wall, I was very pleased.

Savannah made a baby sound, like a whine, and I looked over.

"What?"  I thought. "Do you not like colors?"

The poster was different lines of colors going everywhere, and come dots scatters around. It looked cool, okay?

I sighed. This will be my home, for who knows how long.

Gotta make it pretty.

;)