19.

Bada's Pov

“Aren't you going to tell her the truth? Audrey needs to stop!” Iris said annoyed and slammed my door as she followed me to my room.

We just got back home from school. After they came back, everything has changed—my life too. If only I could run, I would do it in a flash. Iris transferred to my school and she keeps her eyes on me. Even though we are in different buildings, she always makes a way.

“Ano pa bang gusto mo? Iniiwasan ko na nga siya tapos nagagalit kapa rin. Please lang tigilan mo na siya.” sagot ko sakanya at nagulat ako nang bigla niyang binato yung frame saakin.

“JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH!!!” She yelled at me and she started crying as If I was the one who brought this topic again.

Not a day goes by that we don't argue about Audrey. Iris always does this to me and sometimes even comes to the point where she threatens me. She's just insane and I have to deal with it every single day.

“Tell her the truth? Should I tell her na you have me wrapped around your finger? Should I tell her na you always threaten me that you will kill yourself if I leave you? Do you really want her to know how pathetic you are?” that's it, I've had enough.

“Don't you dare! How could you say those things to me? I love you!”

“But I don't and you know that.” this is our daily routine and honestly, it's so exhausting.

This is not what I wanted; never in my life did I imagine my life would turn out like this. All I want is to live my life the way I want and love someone who I truly love but see, it turns out like this and I have no time to escape from this.

“No, you are lying! You made a promise when we were kids—” I cut her off.

“Yes, when we were 'kids'. Iris, bata pa tayo nun at walang kamuwang muwang. Do you really think na I can keep those promises kung ako mismo hindi na maalala yun? Iris naman, you have to grow up and accept the reality. It's not always about you.” I explained, trying to make her understand everything.

“Fuck that girl! When she came into your life, you've changed. Audrey ruined everything and I will make her life living in hell.” Iris angrily said and I know she would really do that.

In the end, I always end up apologizing and will take all the blame.

“Iris, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you hmm? I'm really sorry and I promise I will talk to her soon. I just need time, okay?” I approached her and hugged her.

“P-promise?”

“Promise.”

At school, we're at the studio and practicing the choreo I've made last night for our school dance performance. Audrey looks tired and lost.

The past few weeks, lagi niya akong kinukulit at hindi talaga siya tumitigil para kausapin ako. Of course I feel bad, I want to hug her and cry in front of her. I don't want to hurt her in any possible way pero ano bang magagawa ko? Kahit parents ni Iris hawak ako sa leeg at ang alam nila may relasyon kami ng anak nila.

Iris is emotionally unstable. At school, she looks fine and a good student but when we're at home, she's completely different. Kahit parents niya, hindi siya kayang i-control except me. Iris always listen to me kaya rin siguro pinag-aral nila ako at pinatira sa bahay nila.

“Are you sure you can do this? You keep messing up.” tanong ko kay Audrey habang nakatitig ako sakanya.

“I-i'm sorry. Let's start again.” mahina niyang sagot.