How We Escaped

I cried. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I had finally got my answer. That is how Mom had left. She was out of my life. I knew she would not want me to die in here. Me and dad had to get out.

Ryder drew back the gun. " Mariann you know what to do." He said looking over at me. She drew the knife and cut my cheek just a little bit and then in my side. I winced at the blood pouring down my face and the blood that ruined my shirt. My feet were loose and I knew there had to be a way to get Ryder to drop his gun. " Ryder, please let us go. I won't say anything at all." I begged. "I won't even tell Mariann that you were messing around with Jill before you got here."

"Who's Jill?!" Mariann shouted.
"She's lying babe, you better shut your mouth." He said.
"Ryan....just.....don't" dad said. He didn't have much time.
"Oh? But I was upstairs and I heard you guys talking about going to a restaurant downstairs."I lied.
"Shut up!" He yelled. He put the gun back to my head and I lunged forward as he pulled the trigger. I had dodged a bullet. It hit on the basement wall." Dad!"I shouted. I was over on the floor still stuck to the chair. I swung around knocking Ryder over and pushing him under the chair as he dropped the gun. "Mariann cut her! Cut her up!" He yelled. "Why don't you ask Jill!" She yelled. She reached for the gun. "I am sick and tired of men choosing other women over me! It's over!" She yelled and then pulled the trigger to Ryder's head. I heard sirens outside. I was gone so long I assumed Piper knew something wasn't right and called the cops. As soon as Mariann heard the sirens she looked down at me. "I hope you are happy about this." She put the gun to her head. "Wait!" I yelled. She pulled the trigger. Her brains were splattered out and there was blood everywhere. I sobbed. I sobbed so hard I could not see or breathe. My head was dizzy. "Help! Help! Help! Help!"
I yelled over and over. "Help..." I was loosing it. It was growing dark. Then I remembered I was bleeding out alongside my Dad. "It's okay, Ryan it's okay we will be okay." That was the last thing I heard.

I woke up in a bed. Piper and Caden sat in the room. "She's awake." Caden said as they rushed to my side. I couldn't speak. I was still in shock in what happened earlier today. "You're in the hospital. You and your father were both wounded by the knife. Neither of you were shot, your Dad is fine and you'll be too we will get through this." Piper said grabbing my hand. My eyes followed them. I was listening I just couldn't talk. " T-thanks." I struggled. I need to talk to my dad. "I started to get out of the bed but it was a sharp pain in my side where the cut was. I had a huge bandage on my face. " You can't get up Ryan, not yet it's too early." Caden said. I looked at them. I knew they had not wanted to me to get up but I needed to. I pushed myself to get up as I slithered my way to the door."What room?" I said. "336" Piper said. She knew she couldn't stop me so she didn't say anything.

My room was 334 so I didn't have to travel very war. Luckily, there was nobody in the hall so that they wouldn't carry me back to my room. I got to his room and saw my dad laying there, eyes shut. It scared me for a moment. "Dad." I whispered in a raspy voice. He opened his eyes and gasped. "Ryan, you have to get back to your room!" He whispered. I knew I looked crazy lying there on the floor. " Dad it's okay."

"Ry I am so sorry about your mom and how it's my fault that this all happened. We never wanted you to have to face something like this and I got us almost killed."

" Dad I forgive you. We will get through this together I promise. We have each other and that's all that mattered."

He smiled and whispered thank you. A nurse walked in. She looked huge on the ground. "What are you doing here on the floor, you should be in your room in bed resting!" She escorted me out and back into my bed. My side hurt so bad it felt like the knife was still there. "It will get better Ry, and you still have me." Caden said. I couldn't help but smile. " When you heal we will have our party okay? It's mainly for you and us going back to school." Piper said. " I just want you to get better Ry."

They made me feel like I had someone there. Although I wish my mom was still here I know she really wanted everything to get better for us. She wanted us to be able to start over and put this all behind us. Officer Lancaster and a man in a dark suit walked into my room. " Hello Ryan how are you feeling?" He said. "I'll be getting better soon." I said. " This is Detective Thompson, he would like to ask you a few questions. "I will tell you anything you want to know I said." I looked closely at the detective he seem like someone familiar. When I looked closer I noticed he was the waiter from the Cafe. " I knew you could do it Ryan, it's nice to see you again." He smiled. I
Smiled back. "One coffee please?" I said and we laughed.

The end.