▪︎E▪︎C▪︎ 🥰 Hippos, Crocodiles, Alligators.

¤ Emilia Clarke
¤ "You really want to stay?"
¤ Fluff

♡○♡○♡○

|||THIRD POV|||

You loved attending Emilia to her events and especially the after-party, but tonight, you weren't feeling it.

You had been running around all day focused on getting ready and getting everything needed, and you forgot to drink your ADHD medication.

You had managed to keep it together all day mostly because helping Emilia get ready for her events made you happy and you often wanted her to feel her best when she stepped in front of the cameras which she was always appreciate about.

But now she was dressed down and relaxing with costars, and you had nothing to actively think or work on. The pattern on the wall that looked like a Jester had only kept your attention for about an hour before someone tried to strike up a conversation-

Shit he's still talking!

"-so I told them to stay away from the hippos." The man laughed at his own words, but you were utterly confused.

You had literally no idea where this man started his conversation and how it ended up with hippos.

Answer him!

You panicked, not entirely sure how to answer to the random sentence.

Hippos are scarier than crocodiles.

Well, they're scarier than crocodiles and alligators.

They're also much faster than them- and vicious.

You can still subdue the swamp puppies, but the water rhino... there's no subduing that beast.

Did I make the bed this morning? Did I refill the dog's waterbowl? Oh damn, I hope I closed the bathroom door so the dogs don't eat sll the toilet paper again.

You just blinked at the man who seemed oblivious to your inner struggles.

"Did you hear me say the hippo part?" The man asked, his smile slightly faltering.

"Umm..." You blinked once more, processing the man's words, trying to remember what he said about the hippos while simultaneously trying to remember if you put your keys in Emilia bag or not.

Hit him with a random fact! Confuse him, too!

"Wanna know a fun fact?" You asked, and he blinked but slowly nodded.

"Interesting fact about crocodiles they have an incredibly strong bite. The saltwater crocodile, in particular, holds the record for the most powerful bite ever measured, with a force of about 3,700 pounds per square inch. This is significantly stronger than that of a great white shark or a lion." You took a deep intake of breath. "Their powerful jaws enable them to crush bones and hold onto struggling prey effectively." You smiled amused by your own fact while the man just nodded slowly.

"Hey love," you perked up at Emilia's voice and turned to look at her.

"Hello there," you grinned at her. "Did you know crocodiles have an incredibly powerful jaw?" You asked Emilia, who bit back her laugh as she nodded.

"You've told me," Emilia nodded, then looked at the confused man.

"Many people also believe only crocodiles can lift their bodies to do the high walk, but that is false," you gestured, and the man shook his head like he was trying to shake off the confusion.

"What?" He managed, but you didn't notice his dumbfounded look, unlike your girlfriend.

"Well, both crocodiles and alligators can lift their bodies off the ground to some extent when moving." You nodded at him. "This movement is known as I mentioned the, high walk," You lifted your hand as a demonstration. "They raise their bodies and tails off the ground, walking on all four legs." You explained to the man who sent Emilia a look, screaming for help.

"So why do people say only crocodiles can do it?" Emilia asked, turning your attention to her. Once she knew you were solely focused on her, she sent the man a discreet smile telling him to go.

"It's more commonly observed in crocodiles than in alligators. That's possibly where the belief comes from." You explained mindlessly following her out the room into the hallway.

She knew you were probably bored out of your mind, hence the random facts. You did this in order to try and keep yourself motivated to participate or just because you couldn't focus.

"This high walk allows them to move over uneven terrain and can be seen when they are moving between bodies of water or basking sites." You informed her as she came to a stop at the front door.

"Wanna go home?" Emilia asked, and you raised a brow.

"But your party..." You couldn't hide your excitement at her suggestion.

"You really want to stay?" Emilia asked, and you shrugged.

"You were excited to see your friends, I don't want to take that from you," you shook your head.

"You're too sweet," Emilia pulled you into a very short het passionate kiss, making you grin.

"Well then," she hugged your arm as you headed back to the crowded room.

"What can you tell me something interesting about alligators?" Emilia asked, knowing if she kept the topic of your interest, you'd be too focused on sharing facts to realise how long you were at the party.

"Sure!" You beamed at her. "Alligators have a unique way of regulating their body temperature. They practice gaping." Emilia shot you a raised brow, making you smile and peck her temple.

"When an alligator is basking in the sun, they so it with their mouth wide open. This behaviour is like a dog panting, and it helps the alligators to cool down." You nodded when she seemed surprised by the nrws.

"Why?" She slowly processed the information.

"Since alligators are cold-blooded, they rely on external sources of heat to regulate their body temperature just like most cold-blooded animals. Gaping allows excess heat to escape through their mouths, preventing overheating while they soak up the sun."

And an added bonus was she loved hearing you ramble about the fun facts you loved learning.