▪︎L▪︎M▪︎ 🥰

¤Lindsey Morgan
¤ "Taking care of you is never a bother."
¤ Fluff

♡○♡○♡○

|||THIRD POV|||

It was a drizzly Sunday afternoon, the kind that made staying indoors feel like the cosiest thing in the world.

Lindsey had planned to spend the day tidying up the apartment, tackling the ever-growing to-do list. But all those plans flew out the window when she heard Y/n's soft, stuffy voice calling her name.

Lindsey found you curled up in their bed, a mountain of tissues on the nightstand and a thermometer in hand. Your usually bright eyes were glassy and dull, and you looked utterly miserable. Lindsey's heart ached at the sight.

"Hey, babe," Lindsey whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed and brushing a stray lock of hair from your forehead. "How are you feeling?"

You coughed lightly, grumbled then gave a weak smile. "Like I got run over by a truck."

Lindsey chuckled softly, her hand lingering on your forehead, checking for fever. "That bad, huh? Why didn't you call me earlier?"

"I didn't want to bother you." You replied, your voice barely above a whisper.

"Bother me? Taking care of you is never a bother." Lindsey said firmly. She leaned in and kissed your forehead gently. "Let me get you some tea, and then we can watch a movie. How does that sound?"

Your eyes brightened a little at that. "That sounds perfect."

Lindsey quickly set about making a pot of chamomile tea, adding a generous amount of honey for good measure. While waiting for the tea to steep, she prepared a tray with some crackers and a bowl of soup, hoping to tempt you to eat a little.

Carrying the tray carefully, she returned to the bedroom. Your eyes lit up with gratitude when you saw the tray. "You’re the best." You mumbled, sitting up slowly.

"Anything for you," Lindsey replied, helping you get comfortable with a stack of pillows behind your back. She handed you the mug of tea and watched as you took a few sips, already looking a bit more relaxed.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Lindsey asked, settling beside you and pulling you close under the blankets.

You barely had to think before you murmured. "Terminator 2: Judgment Day."

Lindsey smiled. "Of course." She found the movie and started it, the familiar opening music filling the room.

As the movie played, Lindsey held you close, her fingers gently stroking your hair. The steady rhythm worked to soothe you. Lindsey could feel the tension and discomfort slowly leave your body.

Her focus drifted between the movie and you, who was nestled against her. Your breathing gradually deepened, and Lindsey realised you had finally fallen asleep.

Lindsey carefully adjusted your positions, so you were even more comfortable, your head resting on Lindsey's chest.

She watched your peaceful face, a soft smile playing on her lips. Lindsey stayed perfectly still, not wanting to disturb your slumber.

The movie continued to play in the background, the action scenes, and familiar dialogue a comforting soundtrack to the quiet afternoon. Lindsey marvelled at how beautiful you looked, even while sick.

She felt a surge of protectiveness and love, promising herself that she would always be there for you, through sickness and health, and through every high and low.

As the movie reached its thrilling conclusion, Lindsey gently kissed the top of your head and whispered, "I love you."

She settled back, holding you a little tighter, and allowed herself to drift off to sleep, your hearts beating in perfect harmony.

The rain outside continued its soft patter against the windows, creating a soothing ambience that matched the tranquillity within the room.

Lindsey woke briefly to adjust the blankets around you both, ensuring you stayed warm. She glanced at the clock; it was still early evening. Deciding there was no rush, she cuddled closer to you, feeling the steady rise and fall of your chest.

A few hours later, you stirred, blinking groggily as you looked up at Lindsey. "Did I fall asleep?" You asked, your voice still raspy from sleep.

"You did." Lindsey replied with a gentle smile. "Feeling any better?"

You nodded slowly. "A little. Thanks for staying with me."

"Always." Lindsey said, brushing a kiss across your forehead. "Do you want to watch something else, or just rest?"

"Can we just stay like this for a while?” You can asked softly, your eyes pleading. You tended to be a bit emotional when you were sick.

"Of course." Lindsey replied, pulling her even closer. "We can stay like this as long as you want."

You lay there in comfortable silence, the rain outside a gentle lullaby. Lindsey's thoughts drifted to the future, imagining all the moments you would share together, both big and small. She knew that as long as you had each other, you could face anything.

As the night deepened, Lindsey reached for the remote and turned off the TV. She pulled the blankets up higher, cocooning them in warmth. "Goodnight, babe." She whispered.

"Goodnight, Linds." You murmured back, your voice filled with contentment.

And as you drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms, the world outside faded away, leaving only the comfort of your shared love and the promise of tomorrow.