i: crush

Taesan sat down at his seat. He fixed his hair multiple times, Riwoo, who was next to him, noticed his strange movements. "Why do you do that every time?" Riwoo asked while looking at the boy next to him. "I look bad" The older boy shook his head, turning his head down, to look straight at the desk. "You constantly surprise me Taesan, you think you look bad when you're so handsome" Taesan denied what Riwoo had told him and he took out his copybook.

"If I were you, I'd never be unconfident" Taesan looked up as he heard the classroom door open. Two boys came in, Park Sungho and Kim Leehan. The boy quickly covered his face when he made eye contact with Leehan. "What's wrong Taesan?" "Nothing, nothing, I'm fine" Riwoo shrugged and waited for class to start. He had always picked up on the younger boy's reaction when Leehan was nearby, but he didn't know why. Since Taesan never talked about it, the shorter boy never really asked too much about it.

Leehan was right next to Taesan, which made History an hour of torture for the latter. Next to Leehan was Sungho, that was their history table.

Taesan took a deep breath as Leehan's arm accidentally hit his. Taesan usually isn't this self conscious, but when he's around Leehan, he loses all of his confidence. Not that he had a lot.

No one except for Taesan knew that he liked him. He wasn't sure how Riwoo or Jaehyun would react if he told them that he liked Leehan... It's not the fact that he liked someone. It's the fact that he liked a guy. It was something that scared him, just thinking about it- telling anyone, would make him anxious.

It was the reason he changed schools. But you'll learn more about the full story later.

"Hey Taesan, did you hear?" The boy shook his head as Riwoo asked him. "So, apparently, Jaehyun told me, since he's class president, he told me we're soon going on a school trip, to a zoo!" The boy announced happily. Hearing the name Jaehyun suddenly made Taesan look around the class for him. "Where is he?" "Who? Aren't you happy to go on a field trip?" "I am, where's Jaehyun?" Riwoo looked around "You're right, where is he?" Taesan thought for a while. "He's late, I think" "Mhm, ok"

Taesan felt someone looking at him. He felt himself blushing, realising who it was. "I like your hair!" The older boy bit his lip, first looked down at the floor before thanking him. Riwoo didn't seem to see how distressed the student next to him was.

--

Riwoo and Taesan went to an empty table in the cafeteria. The former was attacked by a back hug from Jaehyun. "I thought you wouldn't be coming" "Things change" Riwoo laughed and made space for the boy that had just arrived. "Why weren't you here earlier?" "I missed my bus, and like, I live far away, so I walked" Riwoo shook his head and took Taesan's doughnut. "Hey!" The older boy laughed and bit into it. Taesan rolled his eyes, he quickly realised that someone, that was neither Jaehyun, nor Riwoo was watching him. He quickly sat up straight and fixed his hair and clothes. The boy who was looking at him chuckled and turned his head. "Why do you keep doing that?" "None of your business" "Does Taesan have a crush?" Jaehyun taunted him.

The mention of that word made the youngest boy blush. "I think he does" The  extrovert answered his own question. "Shut up hyung" The taller boy put his hands over his face. He looked down and shook his head. "Who's the lucky girl?" Taesan heard Jaehyun snicker. "Lucky?" "Jaehyun! Be nice!" "Yeah, yeah, whatever" Taesan hoped that the two would start bickering and forget about the question. Luckily, they did, so Taesan continued staring at Leehan, his breath getting louder every time the younger boy's head would slightly move in his direction.

"Who are you looking at?" "Just thinking, about the test we had last Friday" Taesan made a lie on the spot as he finished his food. "We all finished, how about we go to the library?" The two introverts nodded and stood up.

The boys went to the library, it was Taesan's favourite place for multiple reasons:

1: It's calm and quiet
2: The library is very nice to him
3: When it's cold, the library is always open
4: Leehan never comes in the library

He mostly liked it for the first and last reasons. When Leehan was around him, even if it was the other side of the room, he was unable to think straight. Well... Probably because he isn't straight, but that isn't important right now. He was a nervous wreck, unable to concentrate or talk normally. Which is why in history, he often got lower grades than he would've expected.

"Soooo, Taesan" "Mhm?" "Who's your crush" Jaehyun went right up to Taesan. The two's faces were centimetres away. "Get off" Taesan pushed the boy away and looked for a book to read.

"Wow, someone's moody" That's when Taesan finally had enough. He whisper-shouted at the boy. "Geez, do I ever ask you about your love life? No, because I know how to shut up, unlike you!" Jaehyun laughed and picked one of the books in english to practise his skills. "You're defensive" Jaehyun sat down across from Riwoo. "What do we have next?" "PE" "oh right" The two boys sat across from each other, in a sort of triangle. Taesan didn't find any book so he decided to sit in silence, while thinking.

The librarian, Mrs. Cho, went over to them, she had a soft spot for Taesan since he often made small (and sometimes bigger) talk with her. "Hello! Are you finding anything?" The three boys nodded and smiled. "You don't have anything Taesan, do you want me to recommend some books?" The boy shook his head and smiled. "No thank you, it's fine, the bell's ringing soon anyway, thank you!" "Of course! It's fine!" The young woman went back to the desk.

-----

A/n
New story without an intro, this feels weird, but hopefully you like it! Today's one of the only people who I trust's birthday, so happy birthday to her!

-Jude out!

07.02.24
Title edited on: 24.02.24