vii: Valentine's shopping

Riwoo and Taesan had arrived at the mall, just at the time they had predicted. They decided on which shops they would be going to.

This was very different to Jaehyun and Leehan. The three went from store to store without even thinking of what they would be buying.

"Oh! hyung, can we go to that store?" Taesan asked while noticing a store. "Sure, what do you wanna buy?" "My sister's been begging me for new earrings, so why not buy some!" The older boy smiled while following his friend.

The two boys stopped at the jewellery shop. "What does she want?" Riwoo asked, not expecting an answer, unsurprisingly, he got none. The boy was concentrated on finding the exact pair or something similar.

"How about these?" The taller boy pointed to a simple pair of small silver hoop earrings. "Doesn't she already have that?" "Well... They're different!" The boy tried making up an excuse. That earned a laugh from his companion.

--

Leehan, Sungho and Jaehyun were walking around, the oldest of the three was tired due to stopping at every store.

The three boys passed in front of a jewellery shop. Something or rather someone caught Leehan's eye. He quickly walked back to take a look at the boy he had just seen.

"Ah! Leehan, I never asked who you're shopping for! So who is it?" "Oh, right, Taesan" "He doesn't like yo-" Jaehyun couldn't finish his sentence since he was hit by Sungho. "Isn't that Taesan?"

The boy mentioned had a pair of earrings in his hands as he was about to pay. "Why is he buying those?" "Maybe he's also Valentine's shopping? I don't know" Leehan bit his lip, he hoped it wasn't the reason.

The two then left the store, they didn't notice the three looking at them. "I hope she'll be happy" "Don't worry Taesan, why wouldn't she?" Was the only part of the conversation they had heard.

That made Leehan's heart drop. "It's a she?" "I told you" "Myung Jaehyun! You're not helping at all, c'mon, let's go get something" Leehan slowly nodded while looking at Taesan, who was walking away. "You know, I didn't even know you liked him, I'm kind of surprised!" "Mhm, well, why not?" "Cause he's unsociable"

The three entered another store, still while talking. "Isn't he your friend? Aren't you supposed to be kind while talking about him?" Jaehyun just simply laughed it off and picked up a box of chocolates. "You never told me who you were shopping for" "And that's something I won't tell you!" Jaehyun shrugged, smiled then walked away while chuckling to himself.

--

After two hours or so, Riwoo and Taesan had finally finished their shopping, despite the huge list of stores they had visited, they only came out each with a bag no bigger than an A4 sheet of paper folded. "Hey, at least... Well, at least we didn't over spend!"

Taesan nodded and stopped at the bus station. "Thanks for coming with me" "Of course! I had to come anyway!" Riwoo sat on the bench just behind Taesan. The younger boy then did the same before standing up again to check the bus timings.

"It should be coming in about ten minutes" Taesan announced while reading the city map. Riwoo didn't answer, so the taller boy looked at him to make sure he had heard. He indeed did.

--

"Riwoo hyung, do you want to come over, like, you can stop at my bus station as well?" Riwoo nodded, he swiftly smiled at him and proceeded to look out the window again.

Taesan checked the small tv to see what station they were approaching. He pressed the stop button and warned Riwoo that they were soon arriving.

"My sister has her friend over, in just warning you" "I don't mind" The two boys then had to walk to Taesan's house, it was a five to seven minute walk. It depended on how slow or fast Taesan walked.

"I've always loved your house" "Really? There's nothing special about it" "It's nice though, it's cute" Taesan nodded and opened the door. The two friends went to  Taesan's room. Riwoo stopped following him, he went to the kitchen and took a chair to sit down.

He placed the chair in front of Taesan's desk, right next to the owner of the room's desk chair.

"You know, although we're "dating" it feels like we aren't. Like, I know he's just doing this to be able to say that he isn't single" "Yeah, I understand, but you know, maybe you two at some point will actually start dating, you know? It's a trope that is often used" Riwoo laughed and shook his head, he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

"What are you doing?" Taesan looked over his friend's shoulder. "Writing a letter to Jaehyun" "With my paper?" Although these words without any intonation may seem that they came from a mean place but trust me, Taesan was laughing while asking.

"Hey! You invited me to your house" "Yeah I did, but not to use my stuff" Riwoo laughed and continued writing while ignoring Taesan. His writing wasn't the neatest since the younger boy was holding onto the pen.

After about half an hour of bickering, somehow, Riwoo had managed to finish. He held it up so the two looked at it first and then at each other. "Well... This is just a draft, you know?" "Yes, yes I know!"

The blond boy folded the paper and carefully put it in his pocket. "Aren't you doing anything?" "No, isn't my gift and my presence enough?" Riwoo chuckled and shook his head.

"If he's happy with that, then that's fine by me, I just don't want you to be sad" "ah, don't worry hyung" Taesan replied without any trace of worry in his voice. Although, in his mind, he was scared that Leehan could possibly reject me.

-----

A/n
Two things in one day? Boynextdoor is spoiling us!

LIKE THIS, A COVER IS COOL AND ALL BUT... GIVE US A COMEBACK!

AND THE LIGHTSTICK!!! I'm gonna ask my mom to get it! Hopefully she'll say yes!

-Jude out!

16.02.24
Title edited on: 24.02.24