Chapter 7

Richie Rich sat in front of the tv watching the sports center's afternoon telethon. This was one of the few times that he was able to be at peace. His old lady was gone on a girl's trip out the country, and he hadn't invited none of his side bitched to come and chill with him. His phone rang two times before answering it.

"Yoooo! Tell me something good." He spoke.

The person on the other end sighed. "Word on the street that it's a lil nigga that's trying to get a trap going over in one of your hoods."

Richie laughed. He couldn't think of anyone who would even have the nuts to cross the line like that. Apparently the lil nigga was at the exact spot he was looking to start a trap in. Richie ended the call and texted one of his goons and told them to hold the lil nigga till he got there.

Richie got dressed and grabbed his gun. He secured the house and headed to the spot. Richie had murder on his mind. He did a hundred and ten down the freeway and arrived at the spot in a matter of minutes. He burst through the door, and couldn't believe that it was Bricks that was tied to the chair.

"What's up lil nigga? What you going on?" Richie greeted.

Bricks turned his head. He knew he was in trouble, but he couldn't show any fear.

"Word on the streets is that you are trying to trap on my turf. I was generous enough to close shop and let you get all the money by your house. Now I hear that you want to be a greedy lil motherfucker."

Bricks locked eyes with Richie and didn't bow down. "Ain't no nigga gone tell me where I can and can't get no fucking paper! So if you know like I know, then you better go ahead and kill me right now bitch!"

Richie laughed. He admired Brick's heart, but he also knew that he had to be one of the stupidest people alive. Did Bricks really know who he was challenging? Bricks was in the way of his money, and Richie had no mercy when it came to interrupted paper.

"Out of respect for my lil nigga Bagz, I'm not gone kill you, but best believe that you gone feel my presence. This is your final warning to think again before you mess with my money!"

"Fuck you!"

Richie pulled his gun and cocked it swiftly. He aimed it at Brick's thigh and fired a shot. Bricks tried to scream, but the man behind Bricks stuffed his mouth with a rag. The other men in the room began beating Bricks until he was out cold.

***

Bagz and Chocolate returned to the trap after being at the jeweler. Bagz had bought his entire crew surprise Bag Gang Chains. When they entered the house, China's hysterical sobs filled the room.

"What's going on lil ma?"

"They found Bricks shot and beaten real bad. He's at the hospital fighting for his life!"

Bagz dropped his bags and almost followed them to the floor. He told them to take him to the hospital. Sure Bricks had crossed the line, but he was still his best friend. The women and Bagz sped down the expressway and headed to the hospital.

When Bagz walked into the hospital, he asked for Bricks. The nurse directed him to his room and walked off. When Bagz laid eyes on Bricks who was hooked up to numerous machines and tubes, his tears began to fall. He put his hand on Brick's shoulder and started praying. It seemed as if his prayers were answered instantly. Bricks opened his eyes.

"This shit hurts like a motherfucker man!"

The two boys laughed.

"What happened man?" Bagz questioned.

"I did what you told me not to do, and one of Richie's men caught me at the spot. He tied me up until Richie got there, and then Richie shot me. They say that someone found me in a field tossed like a bag of trash, but I was out cold."