Chapter 10

After church Bagz went to eat with his mother and some of the members of the church. They sat around the table at Golden Corral as the mothers, the first lady, and the Pastor Brew marveled over Bagz's accomplishments on the court. 

"How does it feel to be the best thing since Kobe? Are you ready for the championship game?"

Bagz's heart leaped. "Pastor, if I be honest, I just let God lead the way because He knows what's best for me." Bagz took a sip of his tea and continued eating. 

"You got the right idea about your future. As long as you continue to view it with God as the head of your life, you'll never go wrong." Pastor Brew returned.

Pastor Brew moved out of his seat and placed his hand on Bagz's shoulder. He asked everyone to bow their head and he said a prayer for Bagz and his future. Bagz finished before everyone else and said his goodbyes to everyone at the table. He handed his mother a hefty tip and kissed her on the cheek. 

Just as Bagz made it to his car, his phone rang. He picked up it up to hear Chocolate's voice on the other end. "Hey Love, what's going on?"

Bagz started the car as he waited for Chocolate to answer him.

"I got some money for you. I also want you to see the building."

"Say less. I'll be on my way after I stop by Brick's house." 

They ended the call and Bagz emerged into traffic. Fifteen minutes later, Bagz pulled up to Brick's house. Bricks was already on the porch smoking a blunt. Bagz turned off the car and joined his friend on the porch. They dapped each other up before Bricks passed Bagz the blunt. 

The two boys sat on the porch catching up with one another. Bagz revealed that he had gone to church, and Bricks let Bagz know that his mother was doing well at the rehab center. Bricks was excited that she was finally getting the help she needed. 

"Well, I have some news to share."

"Oh, Lord, you done got one of those hoes pregnant!" Bricks laughed. 

Bagz laughed. "No fool. I found out who Richie Rich's plug is."

"Word?"

"Yep. So now we will know when he re-ups and we can make our move then."  Bagz's face creased into an evil grin. 

"I know that's right. I'm down with whatever just as long as we show him that he put his hands on the wrong nigga." Bricks said as he patted the Glock on his hip. 

"I know you are. I promise I'll let you know when it's time, but until then, just be cool. You still coming to the championship game?"

"You know I wouldn't miss it for the end of the world."

"I'm glad to know that because I'm gone put on for the city. Scouts are going to be there so you know I gotta show them who I am." Bagz stood and made a fake shot into an invisible rim. 

"Before I forget, let me get this money out of the house," Bricks started. "I need a whole one. Just get it to me when you can."

Bricks disappeared into the house and returned with a stack of money. He handed it to Bagz. They pounded fists and Bagz returned to his car. Bagz promised to come back later and left. Back on the highway, he headed in the direction of Chocolate. 

It had been a few days since Bagz had seen Chocolate and China. With his hand over his lap, Bagz tried to contain his excitement. He was going to pick them up to go see the salon and then try to get a quick nut in with the two women. 

It made Bagz feel good to know that he was making a difference in the lives of those around him. All he ever thought about was making it to the NBA and change even more lives. He wanted to make sure all the women, including his mother, never had to want for anything else.