3. {Words, Sweetheart}

You're gathered in the main area of the compound, surrounded by the team's lively chatter as you prepare to head out to celebrate Sam's birthday at a club. Dressed in a chic, short black dress, your outfit serves a dual purpose tonight. It's not just about style — it's about strategy. After Bucky outsmarted you in the last prank, you're determined to turn the tables with your next move.

The sleek elegance of your attire mirrors the calculated precision of your plan. As you wait among your teammates, anticipation crackles in the air. There's a shared sense of excitement and mischief as you exchange knowing glances, silently plotting your revenge on Bucky.

Tonight holds the promise of an extraordinary celebration, and you're poised to ensure it leaves an indelible mark.

"You've got that look in your eyes again, Y/N..." Natasha's voice slices through the lively atmosphere, her tone infused with playful curiosity as she stands by your side, bearing two drinks. Extending one towards you, she raises an eyebrow inquisitively, her gaze adding to the intrigue, "So, anything to report since Barnes's face fucked you last week?" Natasha's question lands like a playful jab, nearly causing you to choke on your drink. Glancing around, you find solace in the fact that the others are engrossed in their own conversations.

"Romanoff!" you hiss, shooting her a warning glance. "I told in you in confidence."

"You told me to brag." Natasha corrects, a flicker of amusement dancing in her eyes as she takes a leisurely sip from her drink.

"What's there to brag about? He got what he wanted out of it then fucked off out of there..." you grumble, your irritation towards Bucky's prank still lingering.

"So this prank war of yours, it's turned sexual?" Natasha continues, her gaze momentarily flickering past you as she spots a couple more people entering the area — Bucky among them.

"I suppose," you reply with a nonchalant shrug, the true nature of the war still somewhat undefined in your mind. But then a sly smile tugs at your lips as you recall the latest trick you have up your sleeve for tonight.

"You two are twisted, you know that?" Natasha quips, her smile betraying her amusement at the unconventional dynamic between you and Bucky. "He's coming, by the way. Well, you've already witnessed that firsthand, but he's walking in with Steve," she notes, her head quickly tilting in their direction as the two men enter the room.

You swat her lightly on the arm at her jest, shooting her a warning gaze, just as Steve approaches and greets you both. Bucky remains quiet, offering a nod and a small smile in both your directions.

Minutes pass as you all wait for the birthday boy to be ready to leave. Eventually, you find yourself congregated in the kitchen area with Steve, engaging in casual conversation. Leaning over the counter, arms folded, you listen intently as Steve shares his thoughts on various topics. A bottle of fizz is shared between you, adding to the relaxed atmosphere.

Meanwhile, Bucky occupies himself on the other side of the room, engrossed in conversation with Clint and a few others. Despite his apparent focus on the discussion, you sense his gaze burning into your back, a silent reminder of the anticipation building between you. You know that the first part of your plan for the night awaits implementation, but timing is crucial, and you wait for the perfect moment to strike.

Using the reflection on the sleek surface of one of the kitchen appliances, you patiently await your opening. It's only when Clint and Tony momentarily disperse to fetch another round of drinks from the opposite corner of the main room, leaving Bucky momentarily alone, that you seize the opportunity. 

Maintaining a look of interest in Steve's conversation, you nod along to his words, all the while subtly lowering yourself, arching your back just so. As a cool breeze brushes against your exposed skin, you freeze, knowing that the tantalizing glimpse you want Bucky to catch is now on display. It's a deliberate choice to forgo underwear for the evening, heightening the anticipation of what's to come.