Ace x Stressed!GN!Reader

~fluff+(mild)angst~

"Prefect. Stop already."

"I can't."

You've been overworking a lot lately. The last exam of the second semester would be tomorrow and you have to study to pass... But a certain ginger boy wouldn't let you.

"You're going to fall asleep and forget everything."

He says while poking your cheek with his pointer. You sigh and slap his hand away.

"Hey! That's way too mean for someone who worries for you so much."

"Lies, all lies."

He turns your chair towards himself and flicks your forehead. As you rub your hand over it, he places his hands on your shoulders.

"This is unhealthy, you know? And it's even worse when you consider the fact that you dealt with, how much, 6-7 overblots ever since coming here. Isn't that tiring?"

"It's not, let me go."

You return to your work again, avoiding him completely. After a while he hugs you from behind.

"You idiot, it'll be worse if you won't take a break... It's not that hard to see that you're struggling and stressing. Let down your guard... And trust me."

He says in a firm voice and tightens his hug. You feel the wall of your heart and soul breaking in seconds while his breath gently caresses your cheek.

It takes only a second for you to embrace him from the front and your pencil falling down to the floor.

"... This is why you're my favorite."

You whisper to him, he smirks in a sweet way as he hears it. You can feel and see it too, he matured a lot ever since you entered his life.

"You're a little warm. Let me see..."

He presses his forehead against yours.

"Congrats bro, you caught a fever."

"Ah, tch."

You cross your arms upon hearing this. Right the night before your exam?

"How am I going to-"

"I am stopping you right there. I can't just stand here and watch you throw away your health like this."

A sigh escapes your lips when he starts to drag you to your bed. He tucks you in and hugs you there.

"There there... All cute and cuddly for your no.1 troublemaker."

"Nah, that's Grim."

"What!? The weasel gets more love than I ever get, no way..."

He gives you his signature grin, placing a hand on your cheek and brushing his thumb along your lips.

"I like your lips, no matter how soft or choppy they are. I can never see myself getting tired of seeing them, because they're yours."

His smile gets gentler with every word. He slowly looks up at your eyes with a longing gaze.

"There's no need to be brave or distant anymore... I want to protect and love you, in every way I can. So let yourself free, right into my arms... Just like you said before, you're also my favorite person, Prefect."

He presses a kiss on your forehead, which goes down to brief touches of his lips on your cheek, neck and collarbone.

"Get well soon, I will always be there for you."

You can feel all your stress wash away in all that show of affection. 'He did actually mature!' you think. Looking at him, he seems attractive as usual... Carefully, you lock your finger with his and look at him.

"You look so handsome today."

Seeing the color red rising on his cheeks is the sign of your victory. But then he smirks.

"Was I ugly yesterday?"

"Maybe... Maybe."

"You don't have to be so apathetic you know, you break my heart."

He says while fluttering his eyelashes and brushing his bangs away. You laugh at his act and he returns to his usual self.

"You're blunt as hell but that makes me love you even more."

"We're pretty alike you say?"

"It just might be."

He smiles at you and kisses your palm. You wonder if he's done this to anyone before.

"Am I your first?"

"Not really. I had a girlfriend in middle school, but the dates turned boring pretty fast. And she was pretty annoying to be fair. I don't like clingy vanilla girls who sees the world as a place to find love."

"And what you did?"

"I ghosted her."

"What?.."

"Then her friends came and confronted me, it was so exhausting."

"That was an ass move, Ace."

"How can you blame a 14 year old for not being ready to commit?"

"Like I blame his 16 year old self for always getting into trouble and come running to me as if I am his parent... Yet somehow, still the least stressing individual around."

"I am special."

"Yes you are... You are."

"You're even more special, Mx. I am of an another world."

You chuckle at his joke. How does this boy not bore you in any capacity?

"I will help you get better for the exam tomorrow, I will always be by your side, I will make sure you're healthy... But you're the only one who gets this treatment from me."

"Because you love me?"

"I love every single feeling you make me feel whenever you're around, and at the times you're not even there, just chilling in my mind space."

"Now I am feeling like I am actually special-"

He gets closer to your face, his breath on your lips.

"You're special, won't let you think otherwise. People are born selfish, if someone tries to be selfless, they will fail in life. You need at least a tiny bit of selfishness to yourself. Love yourself or how can I love you?"

You nod at his words, slightly surprised by his knowledge on life&society.

"If you want someone to love you, love yourself first, got it?"

"Yeah..."

"That's my Prefect.."

He pulls you close and wraps you in a tight hug. You can feel your eyes closing and mind drifting off to dreamland, where you can still see him in all the way you like...

Hi

(I don't know what to say)

We're almost reaching 6k by the time I am writing this... THANK YOU!

Your support means so much to me, though it kinda feels lonely when people rarely comment or request 😭.

But I will not let myself to depression and finish what I started! I love Ace too... Don't we all love a cute, annoying boy like him?

Oh, and daily reminder for you to drink water.

You can drop a request here anytime:

Have a nice day/night <3