16: The Ultimate Assembly

Misery: "This is the honey soy chicken, and this is garlic soy chicken. We've attempted to reproduce them to your specifications Guy-sama."

Milim stares at the plate of chicken as it's placed onto the table. The sweet aroma pulls her head towards the dish. She reaches in and grabs a hot chicken wing. Drool leaks out of her mouth and rolls down her chin. She puts the whole thing in her mouth.

*crunch*

Milim: "Ouch! It's hard!"

Guy: "That's because it's got... nevermind. Could you bring a boneless portion of the two as well?"

Misery: "Yes, Guy-sama."

Guy: ".... So how long are you going to be here?"

Ramiris sat across Guy. She was elegantly snacking on the chicken wing, which not even Guy knew how to do. She's on her fourth already, and she licks her fingers, which Guy doesn't know if it's purposefully seductive or not.

Ramiris: "You know, I prefer the garlic soy chicken."

Milim: "Well I think honey soy is better!"

Guy: "... Ummm-"

Ramiris: "I'll be here until I feel like it. After all, I can't miss Milim-chan's development now, can I?"

Milim: "Yay! Thanks aunt Ramiris!"

Ramiris chuckles and gives a slight, devious look to Guy, who sighs and watches Rain eat one after another. She's got her own boneless portion.

Velzard: "Ara! How bold of you to say that even though you weren't there when she was born!"

Ramiris: "Maybe it's because I was being considerate and leaving before you arrived to see her every time."

The two were scowling at each other, throwing arguments back and forth whilst also taking a bite of the chicken wings when they stop talking.

Velzard: "Know your place! I'm the only one Milim-chan needs!"

Ramiris: "Hm! I take care of her better than you! Besides, you have no experience, so I'm the more suitable candidate."

Velzard: "Haaaa? You take care of another dragonoid?"

Ramiris: "Of course not! I consider most of the spirits in my labyrinth akin to my children. Since I have a lot of 'children' I have tons of experience!"

Velzard: "Oh yeah? Well try taking care of a constantly rampaging little brother!"

Ramiris: "Wouldn't that be proof you didn't raise him well?"

Velzard: "What?!-"

Ramiris: "Assuming you punished him every time he rampaged, did you ask why he did it? Could it be he was bored and had nothing else to do?"

Velzard: "....."

Ramiris: "Looks like I win."

Guy: "Now, now, that's enough. You both are taking care of Milim, so there's no need to fight over her."