Chapter 7

As I groggily opened the door of my condo unit, the loud knock jolting me from my Saturday morning daze, I was greeted by Leis's irritated expression.

With a sigh, I raised a brow and swung the door open wider, inviting her inside. "Buhay ka pa pala?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

Rolling her eyes, Lei retorted, "Kailan pa ako namatay?" Her sarcastic response only served to amuse me further.

Lei's playful remark, "Hurry up in there, I'll be driving you to your photoshoots. Pambawi ko sa panggo-ghost sa inyo." She demonstrated her desire to mend any rifts or misunderstandings and settled comfortably onto the sofa.

With a playful roll of my eyes and a light chuckle, I acknowledged the reality of Professor Aine's busy schedule as a MedTech student.

Understanding the demands and pressures she faced, particularly as a member of a family renowned for its success in the medical field, we empathized with the challenges she encountered.

Despite our invitations being declined on occasion, we harbored no feelings of resentment or disappointment towards her. Instead, we recognized and respected her commitments and the importance of prioritizing her academic and professional responsibilities.

Kaya laging kaming apat lang ang madalas na nagkakasama-sama. Minsan nga umaabot ng two months na wala siyang paramdam sa amin

"Mags-stay ka during photoshoots?" Tanong ko sa kaniya.

The quick change of sadness in her face says it all. Despite her efforts to mask it, her expression betrayed a subtle shift, hinting at an underlying feeling of disappointment or regret.

"No, I have an upcoming long quizzes in Monday. I need to review," she responded in a low voice, her tone tinged with resignation. "Kaya pagkahatid ko sa inyo, uuwi na rin agad ako. I'm sorry," she continued, her voice carrying a sense of apology.

I raised an eyebrow at her, expressing my irritation, "Para kang tanga. There will be plenty of next times," I said, trying to reassure her while also conveying my annoyance at her hesitation to join the photoshoots. Shifting the conversation, I asked, "Does everyone know that you'll be the one to accompany us?"

In response, she replied with a hint of sarcasm, indicating that everyone else was prepared and waiting, "Yes, actually, they're all ready to go. Ikaw na lang ang hinihintay." Her tone carried an underlying frustration with my apparent delay, as she urged me to hasten my preparations, "You're taking too long to get ready, hurry up."

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi niya. "Wait lang, kuha lang akong coat." Sabi ko at mabilis na pumasok sa kwarto para kumuha ng coat sa closet.

Lei was already standing by the door, poised to leave when I noticed him. Her attention was drawn to my bruised arm, a concern evident in his expression as she asked, "I heard about what happened to you, masakit pa rin ba?"

I shook my head, indicating that the pain had subsided, explaining, "No, it's not, just a little sore when pressed."

"Don't press it then, shunga mo talaga," she advised, her tone suggesting a mixture of care and exasperation.