Chapter 9

I hurried to attend Sir Joseph's class, arriving almost late due to an unexpected incident that occurred on my way to school. As I was driving, a sudden commotion ahead caught my attention—a car in front of me experienced a tire blowout, causing it to lose control and collide with other vehicles in its path. Mabuti na lang at walang masamang nangyari sa driver, pati na rin sa mga nadamay sa aksidente.

As Sir Joseph entered the classroom, he wasted no time in assigning us an activity that required us to step out of our comfort zones and interact with strangers. The task was straightforward yet challenging—we were tasked with engaging with unfamiliar faces, learning their names, hobbies, and aspirations. Additionally, we were required to capture a selfie with each person we conversed with. Grateful for the simplicity of having to converse with just one stranger, I felt a sense of relief amidst the daunting task ahead. We only have one and a half to finish it.

When Sir Joseph signaled for us to begin the activity, my classmates eagerly made their way out of the classroom, ready to embark on the task at hand. Among them, I noticed Camille also preparing to leave. However, just before she exited the room, she couldn't resist a playful gesture, sticking out her tongue in a teasing manner aimed in my direction.

Alam niyang ayokong nakikipag-usap sa hindi ko kakilala kaya gaganiyan-ganiyan siya. Pag naunahan ko siyang matapos magyayabang talaga ako sa kaniya. Akala niya.

After fifteen minutes of aimlessly wandering around, I found myself still grappling with indecision, unable to settle on which individual to approach for the activity. Kung tutuusin madali lang naman talagang makipag-usap sa kahit na sino lalo na at marami namang sumusubok na makipag-usap sa akin, sadyang ako lang ang umiiwas dahil ayoko ng gano'n.

As frustration began to gnaw at my nerves, I became acutely aware of the precious time slipping away. Ayan Kleah, dahil sa kaartehan mo wala kang ipapasang activity. Kainis naman kasi, bahala na nga mamaya.

Due to boredom, I found myself in the garden of the university. I was so busy wasting my time looking at the flowers when a white kitten appeared from the bushes. My eyes almost formed a heart when she approached me. Omg, so cute.

Unable to resist the allure of its playful presence, I settled onto the ground, inviting the kitten to join me. As it approached with tentative steps, my eyes sparkled with delight, captivated by its endearing charm.

With a soft chuckle, I welcomed the furry visitor onto my lap, extending a gentle greeting as I marveled at its playful antics. "Hi, little kitty. What's your name?" I inquired, my voice filled with affection as I watched the kitten's playful attempts to climb onto me.

"Her name is Khloe," a voice from behind me interjected, breaking the silence. "And she's my baby."

Startled by the sudden interruption, my body instinctively turned towards the source of the familiar voice. My brows furrowed in confusion as I recognized the face before me. Though I knew her, her name remained frustratingly elusive, hovering just beyond the reach of my memory.

As my gaze settled on her, I noticed the distinct yellow hard hat adorning her head, a telltale sign of her affiliation with the engineering department. Oh, I guess she's an engineering student.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she observed my reaction, amusement dancing in her eyes. "I'm Yuna, the one from the bar?" she offered, her voice laced with a hint of mischief.