Chapter 26

With a steaming cup of coffee clasped in my left hand, I navigated the keyboard with my right, diligently scouring the internet for any trace of the person I had been searching for tirelessly over the past six years. The screen was littered with recent searches of her name.

Amidst the clutter of foreign newspaper articles scattered across the table, each bearing mention of her family's name but none featuring her own, frustration gnawed at me. "Where are you, my love?" I murmured under my breath, my eyes fixed intently on the laptop screen, willing it to reveal some clue to her whereabouts.

Argh! Why do all the articles just say that the global success of the Marquez empire was because of the work of the tycoon's daughter? They always didn't indicate her name!

My concentration was abruptly shattered by a knock on the door, followed by its swift opening. My brother peered into the room, his curiosity evident in his voice. "Ate, aren't you supposed to be leaving? I thought you had a flight—still searching for her?"

I remained silent, my focus unwavering, prompting him to step further into the room and take a seat beside me. He turned on the television, idly flipping through one of the foreign newspaper articles. "It's been six years," he remarked, his tone tinged with concern. "You've traveled the world in search of her, visited every overseas company associated with her family, and yet, you've come up empty-handed every time. How much longer will you keep this up? It's your vacation, ate. Dapat nagpapahinga ka muna instead of—"

"Could you please shut your mouth?" I interjected, my irritation palpable. "I won't give up until I find her, Eros. And as for resting, this is it. Searching for her, traversing the globe in pursuit of her, that's my form of rest. And pwede ba? Lumabas ka na."

He seemed to be taken aback by my irritation, slowly, he stood up, "Galit ka pa rin ba dahil nalaman mong nagkagusto—"

"Oo, hanggang mamatay galit ako sayo." I irritatedly said, cutting his words to make him quiet.

Obviously, that's partially true. 

"You should—

Breaking News: Kleah Zeyn Marquez, Daughter of Business Tycoon Joaquin Marquez, Returns After 6-Year Absence

My body instantly felt numb as soon as I heard the headline of the news from the television. It was as if my whole world suddenly stopped. Slowly, I looked up, my heart instantly picking up its pace at the mere mention of her name.

In a surprising development, Kleah Zeyn Marquez, the daughter of prominent businessman Joaquin Marquez, has reappeared after a six-year absence. Kleah's sudden disappearance had left many questions unanswered, but her return has garnered widespread attention and curiosity.

Kleah, known for her behind-the-scenes work in her family's company, is credited with playing a significant role in its global success. Despite her absence from public view, her influence on the company's operations has been noteworthy.

The moment the camera shifted to a private jet, a sudden mix of emotions flowed throughout my body as I finally saw her walk out of it. I stood up and moved closer to the television to see her more clearly. She was wearing a long coat, sunglasses, and a mask. Though it was only her back and a glimpse of her side profile, I could confidently say it was her.