Chapter 65

If it were any other time, even if he was hurt, as long as his body could still move Ryan would definitely have been happy to oblige.

But right now he can’t even lift a finger, so he really can’t do anything.

It would really be a shame though to reject the opportunity, that’s why he asked tentatively in the first place.

Mentally, he really wants to accept, but physically, he can’t.

Du You then answers the question, “no, as it is fake.”

Fake?

Ryan can’t understand what he means, as he watches Du You stand back up and put the blanket onto his body.

It’s the one he’s been using these days so it’s already got his scent on it. The little locks of hair on the fabric are slightly irritating as they move past his wounds.

But since it was Du You personally laying it over him, he does not show it, not even twitching his brow.

“Have a good rest,” Du You starts standing back up.

Before he stands up completely, Ryan is touching his kneecaps. He sees that the werewolf’s arm isn’t covered completely by the blanket and is half outside.

“Can I have some water?”

Ryan’s face is half-buried under the blanket now while his forehead is covered up by a towel of ice, so only his doggy eyes are visible right now, along with his beet-red face, probably from the fever.

He didn’t drink anything just now, true.

Du You brings him the cup again and opens up the blanket a bit, putting the rim of the cup to the side of his mouth, and starts thinking if he has to pour it in.

Ryan doesn’t open his mouth though, instead, he tilts his head and puts his tongue out, getting licks in the water.

Humans would not drink in this way. He certainly looks like a puppy right now.

He finishes drinking surprisingly quickly, then Du You puts the blanket back on him and stands up, telling him, “good night.”

The living room lights are switched off now.

Ryan only closes his eyes when the person disappears entirely from his vision. He then quickly falls back into a deep sleep from his exhaustion.

Du You is back in his room. It has been cleaned today, spotless, and his bedsheets have been replaced as well. The window is left open so the night wind is gently bringing along the scent of flowers inside.

He walks over and pulls the curtain open, then closes the window. He takes his coat off and pulls his tie loose as he enters the attached bathroom.

Tonight’s battle has scratched his suit quite a lot, and there’s blood as well. It is not suitable for wearing anymore.

Especially the right shoulder, which has borne the brunt of Ryan’s bite is torn and completely soaked in blood.

Du You takes it off and throws it reflexively into the pile of clothes to be washed, but then he picks it back up and throws it into the bin instead.