Chapter 73 (A & B)

You Haoyu was sleeping lightly, during which he vaguely hears footsteps outside.

A burglar? He immediately doubts it.

This neighbourhood is rich, but its security is also tight, not to mention most don’t actually keep valuables here, and live elsewhere.

Is it Du You? Getting some water maybe?

You Haoyu suddenly goes wide awake and sits up.

When he opens up the guest room door, he happens to see the entrance close. He approaches, and can hear that they seem to be talking. It is too quiet for him to hear clearly though.

He walks over to the window and looks outside to see Du You and another person talking, a few metres from the entrance.

He furrows his brows, and decides to go outside as well.

At the entrance, he saw it – the man circling behind Du You, staying very close to him.

And then, with one hand on Du You’s shoulder and the other on his arm, he lowers his head, planting a light kiss on his nape.

He raises his head back up quickly.

You Haoyu is very certain he knew he was there, because the moment he raised his head he glanced over at him, with a rather provocative look.

He must have been doing it on purpose.

You Haoyu is shocked stiff. Though afterwards, he feels an immense rage and a wave of jealousy wash over him.

Without thinking he walks over, dragging Du You by the arm to his back.

He angrily stares down the uninvited person, questioning, “what were you doing?!”

Qin Ge is smiling coldly. He seems to be looking at him, or at least, something in his direction. His gaze seems to pierce through him onto the person behind him.

You Haoyu quickly walks back inside with Du You in tow, and slams the door shut.

Qin Ge continues standing outside, his shadow rather elongated in the street light. He looks up, his eyes reflecting the dim, lightless night sky.

You Haoyu finally stops when the door is slammed shut. Then, he turns and looks back at Du You.

He really doesn’t know what to do or what to say anymore.

Just now, what Qin Ge did, was intentionally trying to set him off.

Du You can feel that You Haoyu is angry. In fact, it is quite obvious.

He thinks for a bit and asks, “did I wake you up? I’m…”

Before he can finish, You Haoyu grips onto his shoulder and pushes him back onto the cold wall.

Then, he retracts his right hand, balling into a fist and holds his head against it. Nerves can be seen popping on it, showing how hard he is trying to suppress his own emotions.

“…”

You Haoyu wants to ask what happened just now. Why were they meeting each other in the middle of the night outside. Why did Qin Ge do that to him.

But, is it even his place to ask?

He finally seemed to have shortened the distance between them somewhat. He does not want his jealousy getting the better of him make Du You distance himself again.

But, it is so frustrating.

He releases his fist and lifts his right hand up, cupping onto Du You’s head. Then, he caresses his hair while moving his hand downwards, until it reaches his nape.