Chapter 62 - (A & B)

Ryan lunges forward with uncanny speed.

Du You dodges to the side but the agile werewolf just springs himself off the wall and flies towards him again.

Du You issues an order, “sit.”

Ryan’s body freezes in midair at that order and crashes down, sweeping up a huge pile of dust.

Du You takes a few steps back until the visibility improved.

In the smoke, a silhouette rises and begins to enlarge. He has turned into his beast form again.

In a very literal sense as well, as he seems to have lost all semblance of reasoning, staring down fiercely at Du You.

Ryan, the great white wolf, moves even quicker than before. He’s moving so fast he practically just disappeared from the spot.

Du You looks up as he senses killing intent from that direction, only to see right into the gaping maw of the ferocious beast that seemed to be able to even swallow up light.

Du You points and says, “clamp down.”

As if suddenly crushed inwards by a black hole, the mouth immediately closes.

But when Du You wants to order him to ‘lay low,’ he sees that the eyes of the wolf have turned red, becoming literal bloodshot eyes, and the blood is even dripping along its white fur. Two trails of blood run the length of its face.

Du You realises what’s going on, and stops himself from ordering him further.

The head of the great wolf smashes right into him. The impact is so great even Du You takes a few steps back and curls, holding his stomach.

After the successful strike, the wolf moves back and bares its teeth, a low, threatening growl from deep within its throat can be heard.

But he is not immediately attacking this time. He is circling around on the rubble, trying to secure an opportunity.

Du You puts his hand down.

It seems his ability is conflicting with the ‘plot correction.’

Under Xiao Tiantian’s order, Ryan is treating him as an enemy to be stopped at all costs, meanwhile, he has control over Ryan’s physical body.

The two contradictory orders between his mind and body are tearing him apart. It has become stressful enough that his blood vessels are actually bursting.

If he cannot use his power, then that means he can only do it the hard way.

It is still unclear how the effect from ‘plot correction’ is eventually eliminated.

The last time around it seems to have worn off by itself after a while for Shen Chen’s mother; as for Shen Chen, he managed to snap out of it through his own will.

Du You is uncertain whether the werewolf can achieve that in his current mental state. At least, the only surefire way out of the current predicament seems to be knocking him unconscious and taking him back first.

And the werewolf lunges forward, seeing an opportunity when Du You is mired in his own thoughts.

Xiao Tiantian, meanwhile, is reflexively trying to escape as soon as he saw Qin Ge’s face.

But, as soon as he turns his body around he starts falling forward uncontrollably. All the scenery he sees in his eyes are moving upwards.

He falls to the ground.

Eh?

And then, a wave of pain from his lower body washes over him.

He turns his head to look to realise his right leg has been cut off clean, along the direction in which the new rift on the ground is running.