Chapter 80

Du You is quite surprised by You Haoyu’s dramatic reaction and subsequent freezing up, and asks, “do you want some water?”

“I don’t see any in the car, so I’ll look for the agent,” he says, as he again starts to get off.

But You Haoyu is again gripping onto him tightly.

And then, he grabs him by the shoulder, and pushes him back onto the seat.

Du You looks back at him.

You Haoyu still seems to be in disbelief, and asks, “wh-, why are you here?”

“I came to look for you.”

You Haoyu seems to redden from the tip of his ears upwards as he retracts his hands. He has no idea why Du You might come looking for him.

The question now is… He heard everything he just said, didn’t he.

Even when he told him that he would give up, he ends up seeing him like this. This is too embarrassing.

He scratches his head in frustration, “I… wasn’t really awake just now. Dream talk. Please don’t think anything of it.”

Du You has rejected him clearly multiple times already. He doesn’t want to be seen as being too clingy and trouble him.

He pauses before adding, “and, water, is in the back. Do you want some? I’ll get some.”

He leans over to the back and takes out two bottles of water from behind, handing one over to Du You.

“Here.”

Though he is talking to Du You, he doesn’t dare meet his eyes at all, and looks rather awkward to be here.

Du You watches him as he takes the bottle, but puts it aside.

He seems to be really thirsty, and starts gulping as soon as he uncaps the bottle. He is drinking so quickly that some water is even leaking out the sides of his mouth.

“Cough cough——”

And he chokes.

You Haoyu doesn’t seem to be fazed much at all, though, and he wipes the trail of water from his chin. Then he puts the cap back on and asks, “so, what’s up?”

If he is staying by himself alone, it might continue to be a throbbing, dull pain, but it will eventually subside given time.

Now that Du You has suddenly appeared before him again, it might reinforce his unrealistic delusions once again.

Du You, meanwhile, has something important to tell him.

While it is important, it is not so urgent he has to say it right now.

He actually wanted to explain after You Haoyu’s work is done and when he would have a lot more free time.

But when he heard about him from agent Wu, about how he has been doing, he felt like he wanted to come see him.

It is a very unfamiliar motivation that he doesn’t understand. Therefore, when You Haoyu asked, all he could do is describe his original goal.

Du You explains, “it’s about going home.”

You Haoyu seems surprised, “home?”

“Remember what I told you in the very beginning. If we stayed here, we would fuse.”

He remembers. Of course he does.

His career was in tatters, and it was Du You who pulled him through it.