chapter 1

Pov: Rowan

"Stella, come to my cabin." With that, I hung up the call. This CEO position and office work can be annoying sometimes. I love my work, but I'm fed up with this pressure and spotlight. People are waiting to see me fail, which I never will.

"May I, sir?" my assistant Stella's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Yes, please, take a seat." After she sat down in front of me, I asked, "Haven't I already told you not to take personal calls when I'm in a meeting?" "Oh, that was your mother, sir," she said with a concerned tone. That's not an answer to my question. My irritation turned to frustration, even though I knew it wasn't her fault. My mother had been calling me all day. I didn't pick up because I knew it would be about business.

"My apologies, she said it was urgent," Stella explained. "It won't happen again, sir." I ignored her apology and moved to another topic. "What about the CJ Group's report?" "It's all ready, sir. Here." She handed me a thick blue file. "And some rumors say they're going to collaborate with an international company." After hearing this, my bad mood worsened. CJ Group, one of the newest groups with worldwide recognition in a short time span. The name Josh Jackson caught my attention - the only son of Christy Jackson, owner of CJ Group.

"You may leave now," I said without looking at Stella. "Thank you, sir, and if you don't mind, can I say something?" "Go ahead." I looked at her, standing in the doorway. "Whether you know it or not, your mother said she wants to see you in person. Bye, sir." The door closed behind her.

"Good morning, Mother," I said, entering her room. The middle-aged lady sitting on the fantasy sofa with a newspaper turned to me. "Oh, good morning, my lad. I was waiting for you. Take a seat." I sat parallel to her.

"Haven't you eaten properly? You look tired," she asked. "No, Mother, I'm eating well." I smiled slightly. "You know it's not good for a CEO to look dull." Of course, I forgot she raised a CEO, not a son.

"I heard you want to see me in person. Anything important?" Must be something important, or she wouldn't need to see me. "You're getting married," my mother said simply, like ordering coffee.

"Oh, I'm not ready yet, Mother. And I haven't found the perfect daughter-in-law for you. But trust me, I won't take too long." "There's the problem - we don't have much time, and you're marrying a man, Rowan." That's when I realized it wasn't a question or request but an order.

"Mother, a man! I'm...I'm not even gay. Then...how...how could I?" "It's not a crime to marry a man, Rowan." "I'm not saying that. What I meant is I don't want to get married, especially not to a man." "I've already fixed a meeting with your fiancé. You have to meet Josh Jackson tomorrow."

"What the actual...? Josh Jackson!?"

:) :) :)

Hey guys, i need time to get on the track. Hope you like it. And again excuse my English 🙃