chapter 12

Pov: Rowan

        "Can I ask something?" Josh took another sip from his whiskey and asked.
"Do you asked permission to all the questions you have already asked?" I smirked.
He simply ignored my comment and asked
"Why did you agreed to this marriage, i know it's a pure business strategy now but why? What you exactly need from me or from my company?"
"I don't need anything from you or from your company."
I have asked over million time that same question to myself. Why i agreed to this cheep drama?. Because I'm just a mama's boy. The things Josh's parents told to before the marriage echoed in my ears. I can understand my mother but this guys has been blindly trusts his parents to his core.
And it's not my problem to worried of.
"I just want to get married."
"Ooh Rowan please, say the reason."
"My mother wanted me to marry you for the growth of the business and the recognition that this marriage announcement gonna cause." He stayed silence for a solid one minute.
" So you did't wanted to get married, especially not to me, right?"
" Exactly, now you came to the track." That smirke never left my face until he uttered the again.
" Are you dumbass, who gonna marry someone just for this stupid reason?" He poured another shot to his glass.
" Well ,i did." Our eyes came to contact.
"Bull shit, is it all for money?"
"Money is everything, don't you think?" The only reason all these people are looking at me or faking these smile are simply because of my money worth.
"Ofcourse, money plays a most essential role in everyone's life and it can buy happiness, I agree but that's all you want?"
" What else?"i think this question automatically came inside from me cause I don't know what else a man needed more than money. Because the people around me only taught about money to me .
He released a deep sigh and shook his head slowly " nothing. " After that he didn't said anything so again i broke the silence.
"Yeah you don't have a proper answer, understandable." I tried to provoke him a little.
"I born in a lower middle class family so I knew the value of money more than you. Not  only money can bring you a happiness in to life , Rowan there are another things too."
I stared at him in eve, how somebody can speak this effortlessly. I think this is a super power.
" Rowan, don't try to put happiness and money in the same jar,you will lose both of them " he stared back at me now.
This man has something with him and it's not good for me. I know that much. He speaks more humanly. Like he is speaking to your soul. He felt like a human in my zombie world.
"Ohh , enough philosophy sir." I mocked him to hide me from myself.
He didn't said anything back,he just smiled . I think he have got High.
"What your reason to marry me, mr philosopher? Did you parents forced you?"
"My parents forced me?" He pointed himself and laughed." Nah they won't do that. I married you with all my consent."
" Why?" It jumped from my mouth without my permission.
" I wanted to." A mischief smile formed at this face .
"Yeah, can't blame you to choose me. You can't say no to me ,i know." I smile and adjust my hair with one of my hands.
"Shut up " but he giggled.he continued again
"I came out to my parents when I'm in college.They were very supportive. Actually before that,i knew I am into guys. In High school i had crush on a guy in my class and i think he also liked me too. Some of his looks and words gave me that impression nevertheless it didn't work out.And my one and only serious relationship were when I was at college. He was my senior, a nice and caring guy ; atleast that i thought but he only wanted me for my money, after that break up i confess to my parents. That was the only serious relationship I had, after so many people attempt to come into my life but in deep down knew they all need money they just saw me as a wallet." Pause" when my parents told me about this marriage proposal, i wondered why you wanna marry me. And i clearly know Rowan, the thing you wants from me is not money , I can see that in your eyes." I blinked my eyes twice like my processing all his words " that's why i agreed to marry you rowan. You are not here for my money because you have that already. Ohh God am i drunk?!!!"
"Yes you are. So you totally into guys." I take the glass from his hands and put it aside.
"Yes and you?" He gave the glass to me without any issue.
"I...I'm-i am straight. I like girls." I never been in a relationship but I had girlfriend, nothing was serious.
"What the fuck!!! Yet you married to me." He laughed.
"Josh you are drunk, get up go to your room" I take this wrist in my hand and tried to get him up but he refused.
"Why did you do that?"  His face dimmed.
I know he's drunk and not talking at his clearly sounded mind but something in me ached .

Bye 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋