chapter 10

Pov: josh

Cooking is not easyyyyy! And the YouTube videos as well. They be like ; put some salt,put some chilly powder. If i know how much I have to put it then why fuck I'm watching this shit in the first place.
Yesterday i tried to make chicken noodles and it was a disaster. For the love of god,we had bread and jam in the fridge so we some how survived yesterday.
Suddenly my nose got a smell of burning something." Ohhh shit my pancakes." Immediately i turned off the fire.
The smoke fogged in the kitchen.
"Are you trying to burn down this apartment? " Rowan came out of from his room and asked.
"Yes any doubt." I snapped back.

"If you don't how to do something properly then just don't do it." He said while glaring at me. It's reminds me one of my maths teacher from my middle school. Exactly!! Both are arrogant. That thought made me smile a little.
"Are you stupid? Smiling in a serious situation." God why is he like this.
"Look Rowan iam trying my best to make something and I'm doing it for both of us . You are not helping me which is understandable the least you could do is shut your mouth and sit. "
"Who told you to try then?" Seriously that's what he got after all.
"Then are you ready to starve and die"
"If you make something like this, we could die before the starvation."
I didn't give any response to what he said, may be because of my lack of reply he said.
" Since we both don't know how to cook , we should start from something simple like sandwiches , bread omlette, smoothies etc rather then acting like a master chef."
I hate that he had a point. "Okay " i agreed without arguing much.

"Okay, i have a online meeting after two hours so before that we would make something." He said and started to search in the shelf . "Gotcha, here is some pasta. Let's make pasta today." He shows the paste packet.
"Do you know how to make pasta?" Here is my next stupid question . "No this is how we learn things."

Cooking with him aren't that bad. It's better than I had done alone. Like he said since we both don't know how to cook it's a bit tiring.
He only opens his mouth just to say to pass the ingredients or to hold pan or something. Through out the cooking he had a serious face.
" It will take five minutes to get ready."
"Okay." I leaned to the kitchen island and waited ."This lady is not good, right?" Suddenly he popped a question. " Which lady?" I asked.
"She, she has been giving the toughest way to make things. If you are giving information to someone it should simple and clear that is my policy."  He pointed his eyes to the i pad screen which shows a lady in the blue shirt making pasta .
" Unfortunately she is not you." I made a fake concern. For that he didn't said anything back maybe he is also tried of arguing with me.
" And that's true she is not good that's why I ruined my pancakes. Ohh not ' I'  she ruined my pancakes." In the video it was very easy but in reality it hasn't happened like in the video.
" Nah it's not her problem. It's totally yours."
"Yeah I expected that from you."

After cooking we started to eat our food in a comfort silence. And it was a decent pasta since it's our first attempt.
" You studied in a boarding school?" I just want to break this silence so I give it a try.

"Yes." With that short answer and stopped and i also don't know what to ask more than this so I just continue to have my pasta.
After a few minutes he asked.
"How about you, how was your childhood and schooling?" Actually I'm a bit surprised cause he asked a actual question.

" Mmm. My studies was in a normal school that time we were financial struggling so childhood wasn't that fancy but it was fun to have lots of friends and live without the fear of career pressure or business and media."
Which brought some of my back memories to my mind. That childhood days,it made a small smile on my face . The thought of i survived this far.when I look at Rowan his eyes were already on me . And our eyes meets,No held.
I cleared my throat and took my eyes from him . He also changed his gaze and gets up from seat with his plate, i didn't move from place till he came out from the kitchen after washing his plate.

Then he directly walked to his room . before entering he turned his head and said" I have a meeting so don't make any noise,if you want to watch tv make sure the volume is low."
" No,no. I won't watch tv. I also have some files to check."
"Alright " with that his bedroom door closed.
What the hell was that. God!! It really was awkward. I think the normal talk is not our thing. Arguing with is easy than a casual conversation with him .
"Whatever!!!" I signed .

Please vote ❤️