The Escape

Do you know how it feels to be stuck in one place? Knowing there is no escape but just survival. Once you start dreaming about escape, your fear of getting caught enters your body like a parasite. At one point when you try to face it, it drags you brutally, deep buried into the ground.
Sigh
Don't worry, I'm still surviving. I won't give up, not to her.
Suddenly , I heard some muffled voices.
-Heavy Breathing-
I gasp and wake up. I fastly turned on my lamp beside me. I look at the time. I walked up to the kitchen and someone just tapped behind me.
"God! Mom you scared me. Why are you up at this time?"
She doesn't reply. I look at her and whisper
"Mom?" I tap her shoulder slowly.
She looked at me suddenly and grabbed my neck. I tried to struggle.
"Mom what are you doing?" I mumer.
She shouted.
"WHEN I TOLD YOU TO STAY IN THAT ROOM? WHY DO YOU COME OUT? WHY ARE YOU SUCH A REBELLIOUS CHILD? I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN UP THAT DAY."
I try to struggle with the tears and just woke up suddenly. I was trembling with fear.
"When will this torture come to an end?" I wipe away my tears.

I guess now you know.

She's my biggest enemy. All she wants is me to give it in and use her own daughter for her own benefit.
I tried to put some sense into her and told her to come out of this fantasy and let me live my own life but my Vietnamese wasn't good enough.
She just thinks of me as a problematic and rebellious child with no integrity.

I have a reason to fight her and escape the matrix going on since my childhood. I'm gonna turn 23 this year and this time it won't be same.

I'm gonna run away. Forever.

My mother is a business women and for her there is no such thing as mistakes. Her life is too pretty to make a mess.
But for me?
Lauren is a fucked up bitch. A luxury life ? To be successful in every way?
I pity her.
My dad can't even handle her.
It's frustrating that he doesn't care about the only daughter he has. Busy in his work when he's about to lose her daughter in million ways.

But now it's just everyday. Nothing seems to make me worried unless of running away with a good plan.

Next morning, I heard a door knock. I open the door & it was the maid who brought me breakfast. Sigh, every worker here knows my story . They gossip alot.
"I'm not hungry, Sara . Take it back."
She sighs.
"You haven't eaten dinner last night. Do you wanna get sick?"
I scoff.
"Isn't that a good thing?"
She was about to say something until she intervened.
"Take it back, if she doesn't wanna eat!"
Sara leaves and she comes forward.
"Don't try to waste my time because you have nothing else to do. It's pathetic."
"You know it would be less pathetic if you try to be a little more compromising. Just like every normal parent."

She gives off a killer smile.
"You need to obey your mother. I know what's right and wrong . Don't try to outsmart me with that normal parenting thing." She says to me.
"Pathetic bitch." I mumer.

"What did you just call me?" she taunts.
"It wouldn't affect you anyways so why bother?"
She looks at me like she was about to hit me until her phone rang.
"I'll tell the driver to pick you up from the airport."
My mood lighten up.
"Is Michael coming home?" My eyes filled with excitement.
" Yes, And that's last time I'm telling you Eloise . Behave yourself."
Suddenly I don't wanna argue. I was waiting for my brother to come cause he is the one to understand and care for me at the highest level.
Around 45 minutes, he arrived.
"You finally arrived, Michael." She hugged him .

"How was the flight? Did the driver pick you up at time?" She asks him.

"Yeah,it was fine. Where's Eloise anyway?"
"She's in her room and you can meet her after getting fresh.."
His voice stiffened.
"I'll have it later. I'll go see her first."
She forced a smile.
For me, it was like a prince saving a hopeless princess from blazing fires.
A pleasent smile falls on both of our faces .
"Come her." He said. I hugged him instantly.
He brought me outside. To be honest, after a while I came outside and it was unbelievably uncomfortable.

Lauren gave him juice but instead of drinking it he gave it to me.
It was almost dinner time and I was about to head inside . Michael stops me.
"Where are you going?"
I reply. "Lauren doesn't like having me on the dinner. I don't wanna ruin the environment. You came home after a while."
"Don't worry about her. I'll handle her. Sit." I hesitate but then sat.
I was playing with my food with a fork and asked my brother.
"Can we talk after dinner?"
He nods.
The dinner was very peaceful since she didn't talk much. Just some random talks about business and all.

After the dinner Michael told me to go for a walk. But as usual she just argued that she can't go because she doesn't know her place.
"I didn't ask you. She will go and wander around like everybody else. Don't make me repeat it."
My brother has some power on my mom. And I really enjoy that.
But she has some guts .
"Sorry Michael. She can't go outside until she doesn't rebel her own mother."
Anger crawled over me.
"Oh please, for once stop acting like you care about me. You need to put the thing in your mind that this is not care. THIS IS YOU USING ME TO GAIN THE ATTENTION OF THE SOCIETY!!"
She was so full of herself. She scoffs.
"Mind what you say little woman."
Michael intervened.
"Okay, Eloise go to your room. I'll talk to her."
I listen to him.
I heard arguments. Few minutes later he came to my room. I didn't push him to ask what happened since I know pretty much.
"So what did you wanna talk about?"
"Michael it's pretty much about her. I am fed up. Mentally & Physically. I can't live her anymore."
He was very calm . And he was agreeing to every word I was saying.
"Love, I know. That's why I am gonna help you out to move."
I repeat his words.
"I booked a flight for you when I landed her. To Italy."
It was my favorite place.
"Don't worry I asked my personal assistant to pack your bags already. For now pick up the important things from her and we'll leave at 11."
I am still processing the words coming out of his mouth.
"But what about her?"
"Love, I'll deal with her. You just be happy." He pats my head.

My brother engaged my mother somehow.. I sneaked out of the window and there was this car at the gate with two guards.
They helped me get into the car.
While I was about to leave the mansion, someone shouted.
"ELOISE IS RUNNING AWAY!!"
My heart beated fast.
"Please, drive fast. COME ON !! COME ON!!!!"
My mother came out. She locked eyes with me .
"Don't let her get away." She shouted.

"DRIVE. DRIVE. DRIVEE."
My senses blurred for a minute. All the voices muffled.
"Ma'am we got out. Ma'am?"
He repeats again.
I take a deep breath.
"We did?" He nods.
I was overloaded with excitement.
"We successed? I - I escaped the house."
I started jumping and screaming with happiness.

______________

THANK YOU for reading this part. I'll be uploading the upcoming parts soon.