Late Night Drinking

It was later another evening a few weeks later when you saw him again. He seemed different than the first time, solemn and quiet. He walked through the front doors and didn't even glance at you that time. This was the King you had heard about. Luckily this night he hadn't forgotten his keys and went straight up to his room. You watched as we walked up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, which was strange but you thought nothing of it. 

You finished up your counter work and locked the front door. It was close to 1 in the morning now. You were exhausted and felt dreadful. You had been clean for too long, but of course at the hotel there's a no drug policy! How fun. You instead visited Husk at the bar. it was better than nothing.

"How are you doing this fine and beautiful morning Husk?" you ask him sarcastically. 

"Absolutely lovely Y/N. Love my job." He matches your sarcasm.

The two of you sit at the bar, he pours you a few drinks, which you sip slowly. You sit in the quiet of the night, the only light in the room being the lamp in the corner. You like nighttime, thought you don't like the loneliness that comes with it. This is why you're at the bar instead of sleeping. You'll sleep when you're double dead. 

You hear a faint noise coming down the stairs, Husk hears it too and looks at you without moving. You listen to the creaks of each stair wondering who would be walking around so slowly and so late. You finish the rest of your drink and set down the glass with a soft thud. You lean back in your chair and stretch, getting ready to go up to your room to sleep. As you turn slightly to get up, you see the oh so scary King round the corner, heading towards the bar. You decide you'd better stay for a bit longer. 

He walks with a limp, dragging himself across the room. He doesn't look good at all. He's wrapped in one of the fluffy blankets that line all the beds of the hotel. He looks like he hasn't slept in days. 

He sees the two of you sitting at the counter, so he groans and flops down on one of the couches a bit further away before beckoning Husk to him. Husk looks at you with a curious face, shrugs and steps over to the roughed-up king. You hear them whisper a bit before Husk returns to the bar to grab the drink for the king. You watch Husk bring him the glass, and you watch Lucifer drink it in one go. As husk returns to get another, you whisper to him.

"Just show me which one he wanted and I'll get it for him, you've already worked a long shift. I don't mind." 

"Thanks Y/N, I'm exhausted as fuck." He turns towards the king, "Y/N is gonna get you what you want Sir, I'm going to bed." 

"Okay" he sighs and lifts his hand to now beckon you to him. "Come over here then. Bring the whole bottle of whatever is strongest."

You stand, grabbing the biggest bottle of the stuff you see Husk and Angel share after Angel gets home from work. You figure it should be hard enough for the King. 

565 Words