Silly Smiles

Reader POV

The two of you proceeded to play a few more rounds, the competitive fire leaving you as you each won a few. The games slowly got more casual, and the two of you began to talk more than pay attention. You were looking at each other more than the cards in your hands until the two of you decided to simply put them away. 

You felt comfortable, and hoped he did as well. You watched his demeanor change as the night went on, from flustered, to extremely competitive, to more comfortable. You thought about the events on the day and couldn't help but smile. It was a good day.

"What are you smiling about over there?" He interrupted your thoughts.

"I was just thinking about how fun today was, honestly it's been one of the better days recently." You smiled as your gaze shifted to his. 

You watched as he shifted his weight and relaxed a bit more. You thought about how you simply felt like smiling every time you looked at him, but you didn't want to add any tension or ruin whatever it was that the two of you had. 

"I'm glad you had fun, I did too." He smiled softly, his teeth catching the reflection of the dim lamps around the room. 

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow? We could always eat the pie then." He asked you.

"Unfortunately, I have work tomorrow. Your daughter keeps me very busy in exchange for free rent!" You laughed, before remembering Charlie, your last interaction, and how she would probably be disappointed in your feelings for her father, whatever they were. 

"Yeah, she runs a tight ship around here!" He laughed as well before noticing your demeanor change.

Lucifer's POV

Y/N's mood changed so fast when I asked them what their plans for the following day were. I hoped that I didn't make them uncomfortable by asking. 

There was a bit of an awkward silence before I spoke again. 

"Ah well, I have king duties to attend to as well. It's a good thing neither of us will be bored tomorrow!" I didn't lie about the first part, I do have one thing to do tomorrow. 

 "Yeah, that's good! Depending on how late your duties last you, we could do something later tomorrow?" Y/N spoke quieter this time. 

"That would be fun, I don't think I have too much tomorrow.." I didn't want to tell them I would be free whenever they needed me to be.

"I get off work around 4, if you want to go for drinks? You could meet me here and have the pie and pregame a little?" 

I thought about the last time I got drunk and got Y/N in trouble. I didn't want to cause any scenes or get anyone in trouble. I thought about it for a minute. I certainly didn't want to turn them down. 

"Yeah, that could be fun! Let's start with the pie though, I don't know about after, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble with Charlie again."

"Cool, yeah. We'll figure it out from there." Y/N smiled.

"Ok." I agreed. "What time do you have to work tomorrow? It's already pretty late." 

"Uh, I think 6? But honestly, I can probably show up late." They said as they caught a glimpse of the clock which now read far past midnight.

"Oh shit, I wouldn't have kept you up so late!" I felt so bad.

"It's fine, I don't do things I don't want to. I would have gone to bed if I wanted to." They smiled at me again before yawning loudly.

"Well let's wrap this up then, I feel bad about keeping you up any later." 

"Ok, If that will make you feel better." They rubbed their eyes.

I watched as they stood and stretched, yawned again and nearly tripped over their own feet.

"Okay.. No, I'll walk you up. You're going to collapse halfway up the stairs." I stood up and wrapped their arm around my shoulders. 

"Did you curse me or something? I literally wasn't tired until you brought it up!" They whined as I walked them up to their room.

"No! I didn't curse you! Who do you take me for?!"

"If you say so.." They looked at me with a silly look on their face.

"What's that look for, I didn't curse you!"

"I know you didn't curse me.. You wouldn't do that." They smiled and leaned into me more. 

AN: K, sorry for taking forever I've been busy lolz. sorry its short and a bad ending but im tired :P