Chapter 11-20

Chapter 11

In the evening, the sunset fills the sky.

The afterglow covers Shangyang Village, complementing Shangyang Lake and the green mountains to the north of the village, forming a unique and spectacular scenery.

Hengheng surprisingly liked this place. He sat on the doorstep of the room, holding his face in his little hands and looking at everything here. It's so satisfying to eat a peanut from time to time.

The posture was exactly the same as that of his grandpa's peanut pairing with wine. Qiao Mingming felt that he just didn't hold the bottle of milk to match it.

After Ning Yu finished the work, he went to the two elderly people next door to help repair the roof. After Ning Yu's introduction, Qiao Mingming learned that the husband's name was Yu Fu and his wife's name was Yang Xiren. The old couple are both doctors and have been here for three years.

During the brief conversation in the afternoon, Qiao Mingming guessed that the two people's medical skills should be very superb.

That's right, no matter what the world is, as long as you are not a fool, you will not do something stupid that will offend a good doctor.

People in their situation are extremely wary of unfamiliar people, so the exchange did not last long before they separated. The old couple did not return from the fields until dusk was approaching.

The arrival of Qiao Mingming caused some waves in the calm village.

Almost every village has its own village center, just like every city has a central square or park that everyone knows.

In this era when entertainment was scarce, villagers worked all day and would gather together to chat and exchange information they had obtained from various places during their breaks.

The center of Shangyang Village is an ancient camphor tree. According to the Zhou clan records in the village, this ancient camphor tree is estimated to be about 800 years old.

When the first generation of Zhou family fled the wilderness and settled here, the tall trees grew here. Because the ancients believed that the old camphor tree had spiritual powers, they did not cut it down.

To this day, many people in the village still believe that the ancient camphor trees have spirits. More than ten years ago, when steel was being made, even the toilets were demolished to burn furnaces, but no one dared to mention that the old camphor tree in the village was cut down and burned.

The camphor tree grows taller and its branches become more lush, making it a good place to enjoy the shade.

In this summer, the villagers always like to stand here with their rice bowls or sit here to eat, talking about the mountains while eating.

Nearly 70% of the people in the village have the surname Zhou. The first person to speak was Zhou Zhicai, who lived in the north of the village and was in charge of raising pigs and killing pigs.

In contrast to his rather burly figure, Zhou Zhicai's mouth can be said to be the most foul-mouthed in the village. Eight out of ten gossips come from his mouth. Even the most eloquent Grandma Wednesday and Widow Tian can't talk about him.

If he had to pick one out to fight with him, it would definitely be his daughter Zhou Pingguo.

Yes, but unlike her father, Zhou Pingguo manages her mouth much better than her father. Although she spoke like a firecracker, she never heard any gossip.

Zhou Pingguo once used his extremely sharp tongue to achieve great achievements for Shangyang Village that year during an "activity" to compete for water with the neighboring village.