Chapter 71-80

Chapter 71

In the evening, of course, we had sheep and scorpion hotpot.

Winter is probably the best season to eat mutton. The fresh mutton has no smell after being processed, and is stewed with the frosted radish. In this cold weather, the mutton warms the body, and the radish is heated again, and the two merge together. The soup is so mellow and fragrant that it makes my mouth water.

The casserole on the stove in the room was sizzling, and the aroma of mutton stewed with radishes filled the room. The two windows near the bed were opened so that the scent would not drift into the bed.

In addition to mutton, Ning Yu also made braised duck with winter bamboo shoots.

The duck is not a wild duck caught in the reed pond. Ning Yu will only catch it once this year. Why only catch it once? It's not that he doesn't want to go, it's that Luwei** is really watching a little closely this year.

Apple said that several newly arrived educated youths went to catch wild ducks, but in fact they would turn a blind eye if they caught just one or two.

But among the newly arrived educated youths there is a man who is good at catching ducks. This man knows how to set a trap and can catch six or seven in one breath!

Qiao Mingming couldn't understand after hearing this. You know how to catch but not hide. You are planning to make a one-time deal.

The key is that you were discovered before you even got a chance to make a deal. What's the point?

Nowadays, there are several small houses built on the bank of the reeds. It is said that some people from the village are stationed here in shifts. This undoubtedly brings a lot of trouble to Ning Yu who wants to catch wild ducks.

After thinking about it, he decided to give up.

It's not worth being caught for a few wild ducks, it's too embarrassing.

So who does the duck at home today belong to? It was sent by my uncle.

This old man is even more capable. He actually raised several chickens and ducks in a valley on the mountain.

Unlike the large-scale breeding in Huangzhuang next door, he only raised a few and kept it secret very well.

It wasn't until yesterday when he sent ducks to Qiao Mingming and Ning Yu that he "quickly" and "accidentally" revealed this matter.

Qiao Mingming had reason to suspect that Captain Zhou probably didn't even know what his uncle had done.

As for why he accidentally revealed it to them, it was definitely not because he had a big mouth and couldn't keep secrets. Maybe it was because he wanted Qiao Mingming and Ning Yuruo to raise a few in the mountains if they had the means.

Qiao Mingming and Ning Yu were very moved.

The mountain is so big, there is indeed a way to raise it quietly.

As for what to do if someone discovers it?

If you find it, just find it. This thing is just like gambling. If you find it, you can take it away and it won't be traced to you.

But if you don't find it, you can harvest several chickens and ducks and their eggs.

The duck sent by my uncle was quite fat. Half of the duck can make a big pot of braised duck with bamboo shoots. The smell of the duck actually overshadowed the smell of mutton when it first came in.

Next came a dish of stir-fried Chinese cabbage and braised pork belly vermicelli.

The staple food is dumplings and glutinous rice balls, which are definitely not enough, so I heated up the remaining rice from the morning.