Chapter 51-60

Chapter 51

The bamboo forest is cool in the morning.

There is a large bamboo forest in Shangyang Village. Villagers come here from time to time to cut bamboo and make bamboo weaving.

It is also often visited by villagers in winter and spring. They dig winter bamboo shoots first and then spring bamboo shoots. From time to time, they also pick a few natural bamboo shoots to stew old hen soup.

Bamboo shoots are divided into small and large years, especially spring bamboo shoots.

Ning Yu and Qiao Mingming walked across the single-plank bridge across the small stream one after another. After standing still, they looked at the bamboo forest and said to her: "Next year is the New Year, and the spring bamboo shoots here will definitely be harvested. Don't you want to eat pickled fresh vegetables this winter? Bake a piece of meat, and then when the spring snow melts and the spring thunder comes, we will make pickled meat and eat it fresh."

Qiao Mingming happily agreed, but then she was curious: "How do you know whether it is the New Year or the Little New Year?"

Ning Yu pulled her forward and continued, "Generally speaking, the even year is the big year, and the odd year is the small year."

"Is it an odd or even year? But next year is 75."

"No, it's the odd or even age of the bamboo."

Ning Yu smiled and used a hoe to push aside the weeds nearby, revealing a bamboo whip.

He knocked and said, "Did you hear it? The sound is crunchy. The side buds of this bamboo whip are also very full. It is obviously a bamboo whip that can grow bamboo shoots."

Qiao Mingming couldn't quite hear it, but she could see it. She pointed at it and compared it with another bamboo whip and said, "This bamboo whip is also stronger."

"Well, your judgment is correct." Ning Yu took her back a few steps and looked forward: "Actually, you can tell it by looking at the leaves. From a distance, the black ones are New Year's Eve, and the yellow ones are not. The one who pulls a few is Xiaonian."

Qiao Mingming suddenly realized.

After saying that, the two began to climb the mountain.

She climbed with a wooden stick and said: "I have inquired about it. Moso bamboo is used to make bamboo beds and bamboo weaving. Let's look for moso bamboo this time."

There are a lot of them on Moso Bamboo Mountain, but you have to pay attention to how you choose them.

Qiao Mingming patted the bamboo next to her and said breathlessly: "The fiber of moso bamboo must be dense and the texture must be clear. It must be four years old moso bamboo. It would be best if there are adult moso bamboos that are seven or eight years old."

As he said this, he looked at this and that: "This, this, and that, I think they all work!"

Ning Yu picked up the hatchet and started chopping, and said with a smile: "You made a good choice, these are really good."

Qiao Mingming immediately put her hands on her hips and grinned.

But the crying is still to come, otherwise it would be difficult to cut bamboo. It is not difficult to cut, but difficult to move.

It is especially difficult for people like them who have to get a whole bamboo to move directly to their homes.

Qiao Mingming and Ning Yu walked up and down the mountain twice, and asked Ning Yu to take his younger brother up the mountain again, and finally moved down all the selected bamboos.