seven

A tap on my shoulder woke me up. I sat up. I looked to see who it was, but my vision was blurry, partly because I just woke up. I rubbed my eyes. It was the same black haired boy.

"Gilinsky," I checked my phone. "It's 12:00 pm. What do you want?"

I looked out my bunk window and saw that we were in a parking lot. We had probably reached Los Angeles. "Well I needed to talk to you." He said... nervously? "Okay, shoot." I said making a gun with my hands. Then laughed. I'm dumb.

"No, I mean, can you come outside with me?" He whispered. I looked at my outfit I was wearing an old tshirt with running shorts. It wouldn't hurt to get fresh air. "Okay fine." I said. I got out of my bunk very slowly. Everyone else was probably sleeping too. It was super silent.

Gilinsky got out of the bus and I followed him. After we made it out of the bus, he pointed to a little park close by. The park was actually beautiful. It had a lake you could look off to. There were flowers everywhere. The only thing that made it look bad, were the railroad tracks splitting off the park and the lake.

We walked over to the park and sat on a bench overlooking the lake. "So..." I said. The tension in the air was apparent. It was making me uncomfortable.

He finally said something. "I'm sorry about how Madison has been treating you."

"It's not your fault, you can't control her actions." I looked down in my lap. I was confused to why he brought me here in the first place.

"So.... What was that question you wanted to ask me?" I wanted to know but at the same time, I was a little, I don't know, scared?

"Well, not really a question." He looked me straight in the eyes and slammed his lips onto mine. He put one of his hands on the side of my face. I kissed him back for a couple of seconds then pushed him off immediately. I was shocked.

"JACK YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" I screamed. I don't want to be a cheater; I don't want to be labeled like that.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He paused, "For some reason I've been compelled by you. I keep wanting to stare at how you laugh, or just kiss you. I don't know. I think I have feelings for you." He said all at once.

I got up, and completely ignored his explanation. "Well I'm sorry. I think I have feelings for someone." I then added on quickly, "Who's not you." I did have feelings for someone else. All the things that Gilinsky explained were how I felt about Johnson.

Gilinsky seemed to have read my mind. "You think you have feelings for Johnson," he was sad.

"Yeah how did you know?" I asked. He laughed.

"It's kinda obvious."

I laughed back. It was good to know after this little mis-happen, Gilinsky and I could still be friends. I turned my head ever so slightly. I swear I saw something behind the oak tree in front of us. Must have been my imagination.

"Let's head back to the bus," I said. He nodded.

"Serena." I looked back at him. "Yeah?"

"Never mind." I faced forward. I wonder what he was going to tell me.

We got back in the bus. The only person who was awake now was Matt. He was eating a bagel at the mini bar and looking at his phone. His back was to us. We were as quiet as possible. I made it to my bunk safely without getting his attention. I heard steps out on the aisle. I ignored them and closed my eyes.

Someone was shaking me. "WHY AREN'T YOU DRESSED?!" Rachel was shaking me. I sat up groggily and checked my phone. It was 5:00 pm. The performance started at 5:10.